Sign in with
Your question

Computer shuts down unexpectedly

Last response: in Systems
August 23, 2012 10:00:55 PM

Hello, I recently built myself a decent gaming computer with an asus p8z77-v lx motherboard, 16gb (4x4gb sticks) of ram, an Intel Sandybridge i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1155), VTX3D AMD Radeon HD 5450 Graphic Card, running from a Powercool Modular 750W ATX Computer PSU, and a 1tb hdd (can't remember the brand) I only have a usb keyboard and mouse running from it but it will just randomly turn off, despite working fine for a few days, now it won't run fro 5 minuets without shutting off. I got all the components brand new and even replaced the motherboard after it stopped booting up after running perfectly well the night before
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 422 V Motherboard
August 27, 2012 4:06:14 AM

I'm not familiar with that brand of PSU, so I can't say if it is a trustworthy brand or not. But usually, shutdowns and/or reboots are a sign of the PSU not being able to maintain the necessary votage(s). Or simply being defective.

Btw, that is a nice rig... except for the w-e-a-k graphics card. HD 5450? Why did you skimp on the most important part of a gaming rig???!
!