I want to change my Warrior...

Hi there,
My L60 Warrior is currently 37 Fury / 14 Arms specced. I dual wield in
Berserker Stance and enjoy many features this way. But my friends says that
I need to respec into Protection and become a Tank, thats whats needed
really. I like my Guilds organization type and the runs they make and want
to be useful to the guild. But I also like to go out on solo to do some
small quests or grind for reagents, etc.
So I need advice on a talent setup which I can effectively Tank and don't
have any trouble killing mobs when I go out solo. I have good equipment for
Tank business and my guild is very friendly to support me for the items I
need, so its not a problem. (I heard that Tanking relies on items used as
well as talents)

Thanks in advance

--

"Know who you are, Be what you know"
--LordSpike

    "LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >My L60 Warrior is currently 37 Fury / 14 Arms specced. I dual wield in
    >Berserker Stance and enjoy many features this way. But my friends says that
    >I need to respec into Protection and become a Tank, thats whats needed
    >really. I like my Guilds organization type and the runs they make and want
    >to be useful to the guild. But I also like to go out on solo to do some
    >small quests or grind for reagents, etc.
    >So I need advice on a talent setup which I can effectively Tank and don't
    >have any trouble killing mobs when I go out solo. I have good equipment for
    >Tank business and my guild is very friendly to support me for the items I
    >need, so its not a problem. (I heard that Tanking relies on items used as
    >well as talents)

    Go to the official Blizzard warrior forums and you'll find plenty of
    people with the strong opinion that you can tank effectively with
    *any* spec as long as you have the right equipment.
    --
    Greg
    phobos78-marslink-net

    If you are happy using 37 Fury / 14 Arms then stay with it. Who cares
    what your friend says anyway. If you want to be one of those "cookie
    cutter" characters then just do what everyone else does and follow them
    along like a sheep :P

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:13:54 +0300, "LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >My L60 Warrior is currently 37 Fury / 14 Arms specced. I dual wield in
    >Berserker Stance and enjoy many features this way. But my friends says that
    >I need to respec into Protection and become a Tank, thats whats needed
    >really. I like my Guilds organization type and the runs they make and want
    >to be useful to the guild. But I also like to go out on solo to do some
    >small quests or grind for reagents, etc.
    >So I need advice on a talent setup which I can effectively Tank and don't
    >have any trouble killing mobs when I go out solo. I have good equipment for
    >Tank business and my guild is very friendly to support me for the items I
    >need, so its not a problem. (I heard that Tanking relies on items used as
    >well as talents)
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Take a look at some of the 31/5/15 builds on the Wow Warrior forums.
    You loose out on some of the mid-level fury talents from a 31/20 build
    but gain the basics from the protection tree.

    5/31/15 might also be an option. It's one I've been meaning to try
    since I think it would help with rage generation for tanking purposes
    but right now my warriors 2-hander is a lot better than his 1 handed
    weapons.

    Rgds, Frank

    Mike in Mystic wrote:
    > I am L60 warrior with about 38 days played now (about 16 of them as a lvl
    > 60). I was arms/fury up to lvl 58 or so - then at the behest of my guild I
    > switched to protection. OMG what a lame way to play this game (as a
    > warrior). Sure you hold aggro, but your ability to kill creeps quickly is
    > seriously compromised.

    As a druid, I have no sympathy for your plight. ;-)

    Regards,
    Noal

    Mike in Mystic wrote:
    > hehe. I have a lvl 38 druid also, and I hear you. Despite this, I think
    > overall fun of playing my druid beats my warrior - at the same level, at
    > least.

    Yeah, it is nice not being stuck in a single role. I have the freedom
    to do anything from being Main Healer to Main Tank. Although, I got a
    strange request in a DM west run yesterday. I asked the priest in the
    party if he wanted me to help heal or help tank. He said he wanted me
    to DPS!!!

    Funniest thing I'd heard in a while. I came really, really close to
    going cat form. :-D However, in the interest of practicality, I did
    bear with my MA gear (focusing on crits to hold aggro) instead. Gotta
    say, it was probably one of the smoothest DM west runs I'd been on in a
    long while.

    The warrior, pally and I from that group ended up farming the tree boss
    after so that the warrior could get some book that drops. I'd MT the
    tree, the warrior would DPS and the Pally would heal. The three of us
    were a machine. I think we hit it a half dozen times before we couldn't
    get a fresh instance. Damn shame the warrior didn't get his book.

    Regards,
    Noal

    I am L60 warrior with about 38 days played now (about 16 of them as a lvl
    60). I was arms/fury up to lvl 58 or so - then at the behest of my guild I
    switched to protection. OMG what a lame way to play this game (as a
    warrior). Sure you hold aggro, but your ability to kill creeps quickly is
    seriously compromised. So, at about 6 or 7 played days ago, I switched back
    to arms/fury. I am axe specialized and mortal striked in arms, and the rest
    in fury. Using axes I get a crit rate of 20.55% - due to some of the specs
    on my items/armor. I have 6/8 valor pieces, and a few purple items
    (stockade spauldrons, myridon's sygnet, etc.). And, the most important,
    IMO, I have the Arcanite Reaper with Crusader enchant. I also have very
    good 1H weapons, most with Crusader enchant, and 3 very good shields.

    Since switching to the above spec - and taking into account my gear - I have
    EASILY main tanked any regular dungeon (included UBRS) with zero problem.
    In fact, I am usually in the top 2 in damage dealt AND damage taken. I
    never get complaints from casters or healers that I'm not keeping mobs off
    them. You have to remember - just cause you're not prot specced, doesn't
    mean you can't taunt, etc. So I frequently switch stances as the situation
    requires.

    As another responder noted, the 10 or 12 times I've been in MC I have been
    an off-tank, rather than a main tank - but that didn't seem to cause any
    problems, and I was still very capable of performing well. I've only done
    ONyxia 2x, but I think the main tank is CRITICAL in that run, so we always
    had an uber-geared prot specced warrior do it (as in 5 or more Might set
    armor items, etc.).

    But, the bottom line IMO is that being an arms/fury warrior is fun, and for
    me, a protection specced warrior is not. I'm never going back.

    Mike

    "Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >I am L60 warrior with about 38 days played now (about 16 of them as a lvl
    > 60). I was arms/fury up to lvl 58 or so - then at the behest of my guild
    > switched to protection. OMG what a lame way to play this game (as a
    > warrior). Sure you hold aggro, but your ability to kill creeps quickly is
    > seriously compromised. So, at about 6 or 7 played days ago, I switched
    > back
    > to arms/fury. I am axe specialized and mortal striked in arms, and the
    > rest
    > in fury. Using axes I get a crit rate of 20.55% - due to some of the
    > specs
    > on my items/armor. I have 6/8 valor pieces, and a few purple items
    > (stockade spauldrons, myridon's sygnet, etc.). And, the most important,
    > IMO, I have the Arcanite Reaper with Crusader enchant. I also have very
    > good 1H weapons, most with Crusader enchant, and 3 very good shields.
    >
    > Since switching to the above spec - and taking into account my gear - I
    > have
    > EASILY main tanked any regular dungeon (included UBRS) with zero problem.
    > In fact, I am usually in the top 2 in damage dealt AND damage taken. I
    > never get complaints from casters or healers that I'm not keeping mobs off
    > them. You have to remember - just cause you're not prot specced, doesn't
    > mean you can't taunt, etc. So I frequently switch stances as the
    > situation
    > requires.
    >
    > As another responder noted, the 10 or 12 times I've been in MC I have been
    > an off-tank, rather than a main tank - but that didn't seem to cause any
    > problems, and I was still very capable of performing well. I've only done
    > ONyxia 2x, but I think the main tank is CRITICAL in that run, so we always
    > had an uber-geared prot specced warrior do it (as in 5 or more Might set
    > armor items, etc.).
    >
    > But, the bottom line IMO is that being an arms/fury warrior is fun, and
    > for
    > me, a protection specced warrior is not. I'm never going back.
    >
    > Mike

    I'm lvl 60, protection spec'ed, 46 protection, 5 arms, 0 fury. I can easily
    take on 6-8 lvl 53 mobs simultanously with sword and shield and without the
    use of any health potions. I can farm the western plaguelands like there is
    no tomorrow. The force-reactive shield does help though ;)

    Baldrick

    "Noal McDonald" <dharzhak@my-deja.com> wrote in message
    > Mike in Mystic wrote:
    > > I am L60 warrior with about 38 days played now (about 16 of them as a
    lvl
    > > 60). I was arms/fury up to lvl 58 or so - then at the behest of my
    guild I
    > > switched to protection. OMG what a lame way to play this game (as a
    > > warrior). Sure you hold aggro, but your ability to kill creeps quickly
    is
    > > seriously compromised.
    >
    > As a druid, I have no sympathy for your plight. ;-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Noal

    hehe. I have a lvl 38 druid also, and I hear you. Despite this, I think
    overall fun of playing my druid beats my warrior - at the same level, at
    least.

    that book is insanely rare. I know exactly what he was after. I saw it on
    the AH for the first time ever on my server yesterday - and there were 2
    copies, not one. 2200 gold buyout. Yikes.

    Mike in Mystic wrote:
    > I think the Royal Seal is the best FOR MC. In general, I don't think it is
    > that great (200 armor and 10 fire resistance?). I already have 65 fire
    > resistance from the gear I've collected for MC, and with buffs it goes to
    > 85.

    Which is still unimpressive. You need 150-200 FR to have a significant
    impact on fire damage from Onyxia & MC runs.

    > My armor is about 8500 with buffs - not that great, i know, but will
    > 200 make that big a difference?

    Some, sure. Compare it to whatever you have in that slot now.

    > I've seen some heavy prot specced warriors
    > get over 10K armor.

    Care to grant a shopping list? To date, the only toons I've seen break
    the 10K mark have been Druids.

    Regards,
    Noal

    Mike in Mystic wrote:
    > I've seen some heavy prot specced warriors
    > get over 10K armor.

    Gotta call bullshit on you here.

    The absolute *most* armor you can get as a Protection Specced Warrior
    is 10026 AC. (Max armor from Plate is 9115.)

    Fail to get any one of the items needed (which includes a BoP trinket
    that you can only get from levelling Enchanting) and you're not hitting
    that mark.

    Most would have to be VERY heavily buffed to get to that mark.

    Regards,
    Noal

    Thanks for all the answers. I really think I should get some crucial
    Protection Talents and still keep my most enjoyable Fury talents. Cheers.

    --

    Baldrick left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > I'm lvl 60, protection spec'ed, 46 protection, 5 arms, 0 fury. I can easily
    > take on 6-8 lvl 53 mobs simultanously with sword and shield and without the
    > use of any health potions. I can farm the western plaguelands like there is
    > no tomorrow. The force-reactive shield does help though ;)

    Guessing the 5 arms are in Deflection. What are the talents you decided
    against in the Prot tree?

    I'm setting up my warrior as a prot spec also. I was planning something
    along the lines of..

    Arms Talents (5 points)

    # Deflection - 5/5 points
    Increases your Parry chance by 5%.

    Fury Talents (11 points)

    # Booming Voice - 5/5 points
    Increases the area of effect and duration of your Battle Shout and
    Demoralizing Shout by 50%.

    # Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 points
    Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 40%.

    # Piercing Howl - 1/1 point
    Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 seconds.

    Protection Talents (35 points)

    # Shield Specialization - 5/5 points
    Increases your chance to block attacks with a shield by 5% and has a
    100% chance to generate 1 rage when a block occurs.

    # Anticipation - 5/5 points
    Increases your Defense skill by 10.

    # Toughness - 5/5 points
    Increases your armor value from items by 10%.

    # Improved Revenge - 3/3 points
    Gives your Revenge ability a 40% chance to stun the target for 3
    seconds.

    # Improved Shield Block - 3/3 points
    Allows your Shield Block ability to block an additional attack, and
    increases the duration by 2 seconds.

    # Improved Sunder Armor - 3/3 points
    Reduces the cost of your Sunder Armor ability by 3 rage points.

    # Improved Disarm - 3/3 points
    Increases the duration of your Disarm ability by 3 seconds.

    # Improved Taunt - 2/2 points
    Reduces the cooldown of your Taunt ability by 2 seconds.

    # Improved Shield Wall - 2/2 points
    Increases the effect duration of your Shield Wall ability by 5 seconds.

    # Improved Shield Bash - 2/2 points
    Gives your Shield Bash ability a 100% chance to silence the target for 3
    seconds.

    # Concussion Blow - 1/1 point
    Stuns the opponent for 5 seconds.

    # Shield Slam - 1/1 point
    Slam the target with your shield, causing 288 to 352 damage and has a
    50% chance of dispelling 1 magic effect on the target. Also causes a
    moderate amount of threat.

    Level 48: 342 to 418 damage
    Level 54: 396 to 484 damage
    Level 60: 450 to 550 damage

    --
    Stoneskin

    My personal army of Coalition members on Sunstrider are...

    Necrofear - lvl 60 Undead Priest
    Relinquished - lvl 22 Undead Warlock
    Wartorn - lvl 21 Tauren Warrior
    Jericho - lvl 19 Undead Mage
    Jigen - lvl 12 Orc Rogue
    Squeak - lvl 14 Troll Hunter
    Stoneskin - lvl 7 Orc Shaman
    Nightmane - lvl 2 Tauren Druid

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:06:22 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"
    <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Noal McDonald" <dharzhak@my-deja.com> wrote in message

    >> The warrior, pally and I from that group ended up farming the tree boss
    >> after so that the warrior could get some book that drops. I'd MT the
    >> tree, the warrior would DPS and the Pally would heal. The three of us
    >> were a machine. I think we hit it a half dozen times before we couldn't
    >> get a fresh instance. Damn shame the warrior didn't get his book.

    >that book is insanely rare. I know exactly what he was after. I saw it on
    >the AH for the first time ever on my server yesterday - and there were 2
    >copies, not one. 2200 gold buyout. Yikes.

    Actually there are two different books.
    One is "Codex of Defense" (blue) which you can hand in to get "Royal
    Seal of Eldre'Thalas" (warrior version:
    <http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18466>).
    There is a book for each class, and each book leads to a different
    "Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas".

    The other book is "Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying" (purple),
    which is warrior/paladin only, and starts the quest for "Quel'Serrar"
    - an epic 52.5 dps one handed sword
    <http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18348>.

    --
    Regards
    Simon Nejmann

    well, I was talking about the Quel'Serrar one. That other one I don't even
    consider worth worrying about.

    Oh, btw, those 2 books for the Quel'Serrar chain sold within 45 minutes.
    Both of them. Sigh.

    But I got a lionheart helm last night, so that is something.

    "Stoneskin" <no@thanks.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Baldrick left a note on my windscreen which said:
    >
    >> I'm lvl 60, protection spec'ed, 46 protection, 5 arms, 0 fury. I can
    >> easily
    >> take on 6-8 lvl 53 mobs simultanously with sword and shield and without
    >> the
    >> use of any health potions. I can farm the western plaguelands like there
    >> is
    >> no tomorrow. The force-reactive shield does help though ;)
    >
    > Guessing the 5 arms are in Deflection. What are the talents you decided
    > against in the Prot tree?
    >
    > I'm setting up my warrior as a prot spec also. I was planning something
    > along the lines of..
    >

    > Arms Talents (5 points)
    >
    > # Deflection - 5/5 points
    > Increases your Parry chance by 5%.
    >

    > Fury Talents (11 points)
    >
    > # Booming Voice - 5/5 points
    > Increases the area of effect and duration of your Battle Shout and
    > Demoralizing Shout by 50%.
    >
    > # Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 points
    > Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 40%.
    >
    > # Piercing Howl - 1/1 point
    > Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 seconds.
    >

    > Protection Talents (35 points)
    >
    > # Shield Specialization - 5/5 points
    > Increases your chance to block attacks with a shield by 5% and has a
    > 100% chance to generate 1 rage when a block occurs.
    >
    > # Anticipation - 5/5 points
    > Increases your Defense skill by 10.
    >
    > # Toughness - 5/5 points
    > Increases your armor value from items by 10%.
    >
    > # Improved Revenge - 3/3 points
    > Gives your Revenge ability a 40% chance to stun the target for 3
    > seconds.
    >
    > # Improved Shield Block - 3/3 points
    > Allows your Shield Block ability to block an additional attack, and
    > increases the duration by 2 seconds.
    >
    > # Improved Sunder Armor - 3/3 points
    > Reduces the cost of your Sunder Armor ability by 3 rage points.
    >
    > # Improved Disarm - 3/3 points
    > Increases the duration of your Disarm ability by 3 seconds.
    >
    > # Improved Taunt - 2/2 points
    > Reduces the cooldown of your Taunt ability by 2 seconds.
    >
    > # Improved Shield Wall - 2/2 points
    > Increases the effect duration of your Shield Wall ability by 5 seconds.
    >
    > # Improved Shield Bash - 2/2 points
    > Gives your Shield Bash ability a 100% chance to silence the target for 3
    > seconds.
    >
    > # Concussion Blow - 1/1 point
    > Stuns the opponent for 5 seconds.
    >
    > # Shield Slam - 1/1 point
    > Slam the target with your shield, causing 288 to 352 damage and has a
    > 50% chance of dispelling 1 magic effect on the target. Also causes a
    > moderate amount of threat.
    >
    > Level 48: 342 to 418 damage
    > Level 54: 396 to 484 damage
    > Level 60: 450 to 550 damage
    >
    > --
    > Stoneskin

    I decided against improved disarm and improved revenge. I play on a RP
    server and do not engage in any PvP, so I don't use disarm an awful lot.
    I have respec'ed many times and this setup works best for my playing style.
    I'm in Molten Core a lot, otherwise you'll see me farming most of the times,
    or helping other people out. But admittedly a good warrior is dependent on
    good gear. I got 8700 AC unbuffed and an excellent shield with AOE. My
    guild calls me "Imba" :)

    Baldrick

    Hi,

    LordSpike schrieb:
    > My L60 Warrior is currently 37 Fury / 14 Arms specced. I dual wield in
    > Berserker Stance and enjoy many features this way. But my friends says that
    > I need to respec into Protection and become a Tank, thats whats needed

    I am a Tank LVL54 and I can do anything solo specced as a defensive tank
    with 1H weapon. You may not make so much damage and do not gain rage
    points that fast but as a defensive specced warrior you can take much
    more damage.

    You need to get a 1H Weapon + Shield
    You can get +3 Damage on the Weapon that is the best el-cheapo
    enhancement. There is a chain that can bind your weapon to your hand, so
    nobody can disarm you, but I don´t know how much that enhancement costs.

    Get the Thorium-spike on the Shield, that is the best enhancement for a
    defensive warriors shield.

    What you do all the time as a warrior is
    a) charge
    b) defensive stance - Taunt, revenge, shield-block
    c) eventually switch stance at 20% of mob and use execute

    Here is my 51 points plan depending on V 1.6
    Protection Tree - 31 Points
    Shield specialization 5
    Toughness 5
    Improved Shield Block 2
    Improved Revence 1
    Defiance 5
    Improved sunder armor 3
    Improved taunt 2
    Concussion Blow 1
    Improved Shieldbash 1
    1H Weapon specialization 5
    Shield Slam 1

    Fury Tree - 11 Points (Fury is not essential for defensive warrior)
    Cruelty 5
    Improved demoralizing shout 5
    Piercing Howl 1

    Arms Tree - 9 Points
    Deflection 5
    Improved Charge 1
    Tactical Mastery 3

    This page is helpfull
    http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Talents.View&category_select_id=5
    is updated for V 1.6 now.

    Baldrick wrote:
    > Your statement is neither very polite nor accurate.

    Oh noes!!! I wasn't the very model of a modern major general on
    USENET!!! Yeah, whatever. Piss off.

    That polite enough for you?

    > Darkiron helm 758
    > Adamant plate 807
    > Cloak of warding 214
    > Grantmarshall shield 2929
    > Darkiron ring 150
    > Thralls resolve 150
    > Coreforged greaves 634
    > magically sealed bracers 383
    > stoneform shoulders 688
    > boneclenched gauntlets 624
    > handcrafted mastersmith leggings 785
    > royal seal 200
    > mark of tyranny 180
    > handcrafted mastesmith girdle 519
    > timeworn mace 120
    > -----
    >
    > 9141

    I was off by by less than 1%. Not exactly "not very accurate" either,
    statistically. The royal seal is the one I missed. Ironic, given the
    topic. But that would put me at 9195, I think, so you may have missed
    something I got.

    > +70 on the cloak
    > +40 on the legs
    > +40 plate
    > +40 gloves
    > +40 boots

    Missed those entirely, my bad.

    > plus every agility point converts to 2 AC points. So 10500 AC should be
    > possible.

    Never said it's not possible. I just said that it's highly improbable.

    Noal

    > well, I was talking about the Quel'Serrar one. That other one I don't
    > even
    > consider worth worrying about.
    >
    > Oh, btw, those 2 books for the Quel'Serrar chain sold within 45 minutes.
    > Both of them. Sigh.
    >
    > But I got a lionheart helm last night, so that is something.

    Different strokes. I consider the Royal Seal trinket the best blue warrior
    trinket in the game, and wouldn't even pay 10g for the lionheart helm. Go
    figure :)

    "Baldrick" <PAm@ono.com> wrote in message

    > "Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > well, I was talking about the Quel'Serrar one. That other one I don't
    > > even
    > > consider worth worrying about.
    > >
    > > Oh, btw, those 2 books for the Quel'Serrar chain sold within 45 minutes.
    > > Both of them. Sigh.
    > >
    > > But I got a lionheart helm last night, so that is something.
    >
    > Different strokes. I consider the Royal Seal trinket the best blue warrior
    > trinket in the game, and wouldn't even pay 10g for the lionheart helm. Go
    > figure :)

    I think the Royal Seal is the best FOR MC. In general, I don't think it is
    that great (200 armor and 10 fire resistance?). I already have 65 fire
    resistance from the gear I've collected for MC, and with buffs it goes to
    85. My armor is about 8500 with buffs - not that great, i know, but will
    200 make that big a difference? I've seen some heavy prot specced warriors
    get over 10K armor.

    As for the lionheart helm, sure it wasn't cheap - but I think it is worth
    it for BG activities, which I'm getting more into. I'm up to 23.5% crit
    strike with my crit armor. But, you're right - the beauty of this game is
    how infinite the combinations of gear/talents, etc. that there are.

    > Mike in Mystic wrote:
    > > I've seen some heavy prot specced warriors
    > > get over 10K armor.
    >
    > Gotta call bullshit on you here.
    >
    > The absolute *most* armor you can get as a Protection Specced Warrior
    > is 10026 AC. (Max armor from Plate is 9115.)
    >
    > Fail to get any one of the items needed (which includes a BoP trinket
    > that you can only get from levelling Enchanting) and you're not hitting
    > that mark.
    >
    > Most would have to be VERY heavily buffed to get to that mark.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Noal

    The guy that I am thinking of had 5 or 6 out of 8 epic armor items (I think
    they were mostly Might items, but I don't remember what they all were). His
    unbuffed armor was over 8K, and with buffs he was either right at 10K or
    just below. He 'said' during the run (which was for onxyia) that he had
    some proc hit that gave him an armor boost and he was over 10K. I wasn't
    trying to be scientific.

    I can't vouch for the accuracy of these things, but I did a quick profile
    search on allakhazam and found at least a few warriors with over 10K armor
    (although the one with 26K is a bit questionable):

    http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?32101

    Anyway. I'm not a main tank and don't want to be. I like being a damage
    dealer/flag escorter/horde killer warrior. And even if I'm not that good at
    it, I still have fun.

    "Noal McDonald" <dharzhak@my-deja.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Mike in Mystic wrote:
    >> I've seen some heavy prot specced warriors
    >> get over 10K armor.
    >
    > Gotta call bullshit on you here.
    >
    > The absolute *most* armor you can get as a Protection Specced Warrior
    > is 10026 AC. (Max armor from Plate is 9115.)
    >
    > Fail to get any one of the items needed (which includes a BoP trinket
    > that you can only get from levelling Enchanting) and you're not hitting
    > that mark.
    >
    > Most would have to be VERY heavily buffed to get to that mark.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Noal

    Your statement is neither very polite nor accurate.

    Darkiron helm 758
    Adamant plate 807
    Cloak of warding 214
    Grantmarshall shield 2929
    Darkiron ring 150
    Thralls resolve 150
    Coreforged greaves 634
    magically sealed bracers 383
    stoneform shoulders 688
    boneclenched gauntlets 624
    handcrafted mastersmith leggings 785
    royal seal 200
    mark of tyranny 180
    handcrafted mastesmith girdle 519
    timeworn mace 120
    -----

    9141
    + 914 (10% from def tree)
    ----

    10055

    +70 on the cloak
    +40 on the legs
    +40 plate
    +40 gloves
    +40 boots
    ---------

    10285 AC

    Baldrick wrote:
    > Different strokes. I consider the Royal Seal trinket the best blue warrior
    > trinket in the game, and wouldn't even pay 10g for the lionheart helm. Go
    > figure :)

    What helm are you wearing at the moment?

    Cheers!
    David...

    "David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Baldrick wrote:
    >> Different strokes. I consider the Royal Seal trinket the best blue
    >> warrior trinket in the game, and wouldn't even pay 10g for the lionheart
    >> helm. Go figure :)
    >
    > What helm are you wearing at the moment?
    >
    > Cheers!
    > David...

    Either Dark Iron Helm or Helm Of Might, depending on the need for fire
    resistance. (I don't do PvP and have only been to a battleground once;))

    Baldrick

    Baldrick wrote:
    > "David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>What helm are you wearing at the moment?
    >
    > Either Dark Iron Helm or Helm Of Might, depending on the need for fire
    > resistance. (I don't do PvP and have only been to a battleground once;))

    Aha, a Warrior who lives up to the defensive ideal. :-)

    > Baldrick wrote:
    >> "David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>What helm are you wearing at the moment?
    >>
    >> Either Dark Iron Helm or Helm Of Might, depending on the need for fire
    >> resistance. (I don't do PvP and have only been to a battleground once;))
    >
    > Aha, a Warrior who lives up to the defensive ideal. :-)
    >
    > Cheers!
    > David...

    Aye! If I could I'd be wearing two shields ;)=

    Cheers,

    Baldrick

Warcraft Video Games