Lenses used on Minolta X-700 - Can I.....

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 9, 2005 8:18:02 PM

I have a lot of expensive lenses that I use to use with my Minolta
X-700 35mm camera. This camera had auto exposure control typical
Minolta mounts. Does anyone know if these lenses can be used on a new
digital camera with removable lenses?

Thanks for your help?

More about : lenses minolta 700

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 11:44:42 PM

If those lenses were compatible with the Konica Minolta Maxxum series
cameras, then you can.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 11:46:47 AM

"SirRauke" <sirrauke@hotmail.com> writes:
>I have a lot of expensive lenses that I use to use with my Minolta
>X-700 35mm camera. This camera had auto exposure control typical
>Minolta mounts. Does anyone know if these lenses can be used on a new
>digital camera with removable lenses?

No, they're not. Minolta changed their lens mount when they introduced
the Maxxum line of autofocus cameras. All the old MD mount lenses will
not mount on the newer autofocus film cameras. And I believe that the
Konica-Minolta digital cameras are compatible with the Maxxum film
cameras, so again not compatible with the old lenses.

Dave
!