Built is done. Opinions?

theProbe

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
I just wanted to let the people that were helping me with info that my built is over. I was pretty sure i was going intel route but i was worried about their integrated graphics. So i went with the FM1. I just hope that the cpu has enough grunt. Here are the components:
Case: Lc-Power 2049MB with 300w psu
MB: Gigabyte A75m UD2H
APU: A6-3500
SSD: Kingston sata3 60gb V+ 200
RAM: Kingston 4gb 1333mhz

Total cost ~300$

What do you think? I think it is fine for a budget htpc. Will be posting a review when all is set. :hello:

Edit: How can i change the title? Need to do some corrections :) (built->Build and Opinions->Thoughts)

theProbe

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Well, when it fails i will replace it. Replacing a functional psu is a waste of money imo. But maybe im unaware of what can happen to the whole system if a psu dies?
So far, i had 2 psu's die on my desktop and nothing bad happened. I just bought another.

blade of grass

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
yeah man, he's completely right, a new PSU should be top of priorities.
Some PSU die in smoke, some go out peaceful, but some go out with a bang and take down your WHOLE pc, that won't be fun.
even a cheap $30-60 PSU could save your $250 worth of hardware.

edtheguy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2012
Some PSU die in smoke, some go out peaceful, but some go out with a bang and take down your WHOLE pc, that won't be fun.

Yup, it's like playing Russian roulette, you might have five peaceful deaths, but on the sixth one......

Invest in a seasonic or corsair or such, it is worth it.

theProbe

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Okey, so today i received the pc. Works very well and fast. You can barely hear it working, without the led on light i could't tell if its on or off. Im not so happy with the case, very easily stains and its a little bigger than i can put in nicely.
Very satisfied with the sound. Gigabyte has great sound drivers. The dolby home theater is really good. On idle, its about 27c, 36-37c on load.
I'm just so upset that my dog ran through the cables and pulled the case to fall. It has a few minor scratches and the door doesn't open so smoothly now...
Boot up time is less than 20s with win 7 64bit.