First Aid

Hi there,
I decided to improve my First Aid skill, its 100/150 at the moment and I
have only 4 recipies that I can do. 2 of them are grey and 2 of them are
yellow. I checked a First Aid trainer and the next one needs 115 in First
Aid skill. How am I supposed to increase my First Aid Skill with yellow
recipies? Is this normal or do I miss something somewhere?
Thanks in advance.

--

"Know who you are, Be what you know"
--LordSpike

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>I decided to improve my First Aid skill, its 100/150 at the moment and I
>have only 4 recipies that I can do. 2 of them are grey and 2 of them are
>yellow. I checked a First Aid trainer and the next one needs 115 in First
>Aid skill. How am I supposed to increase my First Aid Skill with yellow
>recipies? Is this normal or do I miss something somewhere?

Yes, you increase your skill with yellow recipes. You will not get a
skill point every time, but you will get them often enough.

--
Greg
phobos78-marslink-net

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:15:43 +0300, "LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Hi there,
>I decided to improve my First Aid skill, its 100/150 at the moment and I
>have only 4 recipies that I can do. 2 of them are grey and 2 of them are
>yellow. I checked a First Aid trainer and the next one needs 115 in First
>Aid skill. How am I supposed to increase my First Aid Skill with yellow
>recipies?

Really easily...?

A small amount of time hunting appropriate level humanoids and you'll be
swimming in bandages. Yellow recipes gain skill at better than a 50% rate.
Hell, I went through extensive periods (before they added in some recipes
on vendors) where I had to get 15-20 points on *GREEN* recipes, and it was
never a problem.

It's not like a higher first aid skill makes the bandage work better.

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> Hi there,
> I decided to improve my First Aid skill, its 100/150 at the moment and I
> have only 4 recipies that I can do. 2 of them are grey and 2 of them are
> yellow. I checked a First Aid trainer and the next one needs 115 in First
> Aid skill. How am I supposed to increase my First Aid Skill with yellow
> recipies? Is this normal or do I miss something somewhere?
> Thanks in advance.

Have a look in in the AH for books which can teach you new
techniques/recipes.

LordSpike skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi there,
> I decided to improve my First Aid skill, its 100/150 at the moment and I
> have only 4 recipies that I can do. 2 of them are grey and 2 of them are
> yellow. I checked a First Aid trainer and the next one needs 115 in First
> Aid skill. How am I supposed to increase my First Aid Skill with yellow
> recipies? Is this normal or do I miss something somewhere?
> Thanks in advance.

You also might want to look for books at a vendor. Its cheaper than AH.
For horde i know you can buy them in Brackenwall Village located in
Dustwallow Marsh.
Regards

Ding-Dong

In <42ffd254$0$20120$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com> "LordSpike" <lord_spike@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi there,
> I decided to improve my First Aid skill, its 100/150 at the moment and I
> have only 4 recipies that I can do. 2 of them are grey and 2 of them are
> yellow. I checked a First Aid trainer and the next one needs 115 in First
> Aid skill. How am I supposed to increase my First Aid Skill with yellow
> recipies? Is this normal or do I miss something somewhere?
> Thanks in advance.

First Aid is funny that way, probably because there are a lot fewer
recipes compared to other professions.

You'll often be using a yellow recipe to get those last few skillups.
Get used to it.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

Thanks for the answers :) I'm 150 in First Aid now. Yellow worked quite nice
to increase the skill. I chose Redridge Orcs to gather Wool but somehow
those buggers at L23-25 decided to drop Silk Cloth instead of Wool Cloth o_O
Beats me! Off to SM for Silk Farming now :)