Solved

Budget gaming pc compatiblity and graphics card help

Hello all, I'd like to know what your opinions are and if the parts will work well together :)

cpu - Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Processor
case - Cooler Master HAF912 Mid Tower ATX Computer Case
mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard
ram - Corsair Vengeance Series 8GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800
psu - PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 600 Watt psu
cpu cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Universal CPU Cooler
case fans - Cooler Master MegaFlow 200mm Blue LED Case Fan x2

(plan on getting items above from a local shop)

Then for the graphics card I'm debating on either the HIS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition or a GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition Would it be work the extra money to go for the 7950 version of either card

(getting the gpu from newegg)

How does it sound? things like hdd and monitor are taken care of, Thanks again guys
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget gaming compatiblity graphics card help
  1. There will be the official price-drop on the 7850, 7870, and 7950 next week. The 7950 will go for $300, the 7870 will be $250. I'd say it's worth it. The 7950, when OC'ed, comes close to the 670 and 7970.
  2. Thank you so much obsama1 :) I'll go with the 7950 then, If its between HIS or Gigabyte, which would you recommend? and I take it that my build should work then? this would be my first build and I'm not sure what works with what :P I'll most likely get the parts in about 2 to 3 weeks :)
  3. Best answer
    Seems to all fit together. You'll need to remove some preinstalled 120mm fans to get your 200mm case fans installed, but that's simple enough.

If you can get a Hyper 212 Evo instead of Plus for the same price, go for it; it's the updated version and usually sells for the same price (both $30 at newegg atm).

As for Gigabyte vs. HIS 7950... HIS won a Tom's Hardware recommendation, but that was with a model that's apparently only available in Europe. Gigabyte's version with the Windforce 3 cooler wasn't tested by Tom's but seems to get a lot of praise in other reviews. I'd probably go for the Gigabyte version, assuming it's the Windforce 3 version. Still, any version with a custom cooling solution will work fine. You just need to get rid of the bad reference design.
  4. Actually it seems Newegg has managed to get hold of that HIS version by now. It costs a little more than the Gigabyte though, so which is the better buy seems tricky to decide.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161415
  5. Thanks Sakkura :) the only reason i went for the 212 plus was that i heard they were practically identical, but if the evo performs better I'll definitely pay the extra $5 at my local store :) Thanks again guys
  6. Best answer selected by scuba111223.
  7. They perform similarly. It's just that the EVO has a better fan design, so it's not cooler, but quieter.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product