In need of a gaming mouse!

akumati

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
(Note: I don't really know where to post this, if a mod sees this, please move it to the correct place!)

So, I've been stuck with an old, white Microsoft standard mouse for almost 2 years for gaming. I've seen so much mice with neet little key bindings and something about mouse DPI that really affects games. I was wondering what specs should I look into buying a mouse with, so I can walk into a local electronics store and buy a nice mouse and mouse pad. (On a 100$ bugdet XD)

Schmalgar

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

I've been using this one for about a year now and have been happy with it. Like you, I upgraded from the basic white MS mouse.

mionix naos 3200

As the name implies, it has a max dpi of 3200, and you can easily click through three different dpi ratings for different sensitivity needs in-game. There are models with higher dpi ratings but I've never felt this one was lacking in any game.

I paid $60 for it last year, I think it's going for about $50 now.

akumati

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Indeed, the Mionix seems to be a nice model, but just to make sure, I also saw that there are some mouses that also fit each monitor resolution and etc etc.

My screen resolution is a 1440 x 900, and i'm also reading that I would also need a nice mouse pad to go with the mouse. Also, key buttons on the side would be perfect, but not 100% needed. :)

Geekist

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Just bought a Logitech g660 mmo mouse from Best Buy for $60. Loving it thus far, the complete customization and overall feel of the mouse is quite nice!

Schmalgar

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

Yeah my Naos 3200 has 2 side/thumb buttons which I have used in games. I'm not sure what you mean about fitting the resolution of the monitor though...