Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this build good for high end gaming?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 24, 2012 5:26:00 AM

This is for all the gamers out there. I want to get a game that can run BF3 on max settings. I also would be running League of Legends, Dayz Mod, MW3, etc. I need my computer to easily run these games on max settings. I will also be using Bandicam and Fraps to record my games and I'll be streaming. There will also be video editing.
So to make every thing sound easier. I want to be able to record games and stream them. These 2 are the builds I received so far, if you think there is a stronger build for about the same price, please post it up. I am looking for it to be under about $900 before shipping. What would also be a good monitor for this computer? I don't want the monitor to be over $150.


lordofdeath24 build
I5-3570 Ivy Bridge Quadcore 3.4ghz (3.8ghz Turbo boost) 214.99
HIS IceQ Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 239.99
LGA 1155 Intel H77 Motherboard 74.99
G.SKILL Ares Series 4GBx2 DDR3 43.99
Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE 450W Power Supply 69.99
OCZ Agility 3 SSD 69.99
Seagate Barracuda 750 gb 7200 rpm HDD 59.99
Rosewill RANGER Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 49.99
Total = $824

Friends build I'm thinking about this one at the moment. Is this a pretty good near high end gaming build?
I5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quadcore 3.3ghz 159.99
HIS IceQ Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 239.99
ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 Motherboard 104.99
G.SKILL Ares Series 4GBx2 DDR3 43.99
Rosewill RP600V2 600W 59.99
Agility 3 AGT3 120gb SSD 89.99
Seagate Barracuda 750 gb 7200 rpm HDD 59.99
Rosewill RANGER Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 49.99
Total = $809
August 24, 2012 12:24:42 PM

If you are SURE you are not going to want to overclock, I would go with choice 1 (with reservations). If you may want to overclock, I would still say choice 1, but using an i5-3570K, rather than plain 3570. There's not much between Ivybridge, and Sandybridge, Ivybridge slightly better,but, as virtually same price, prefer IB.
Reservations: You don't give make/model, for motherboard, but at stated price, I doubt it can be very good. If you can confirm which, could advise further. I have HEARD that there can be quality issues with SOME Rosewill products. They're not common in UK, so can't comment on the ONES you've selected. Would recommend getting second "local" opinion. If price difference is not too great, there, Samsung 830's are a better choice, for SSD. As, for monitors, Asus do some reasonable ones, at decent price. Finally, subject to my motherboard comments, either build would give excellent game performance, up to and including BF3. You could only get much better, by spending more on, say GTX 660Ti, or HD7950.
m
0
l
August 24, 2012 12:45:52 PM

either way, you will not be maxing out bf3. more like ultra with a few features at max. aa could be out of the question

assuming no overclocking, no crossfire, and that you have windows
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fvNh


the agility series is known to fail
m
0
l
Related resources
August 24, 2012 9:48:01 PM

malbluff said:
If you are SURE you are not going to want to overclock, I would go with choice 1 (with reservations). If you may want to overclock, I would still say choice 1, but using an i5-3570K, rather than plain 3570. There's not much between Ivybridge, and Sandybridge, Ivybridge slightly better,but, as virtually same price, prefer IB.
Reservations: You don't give make/model, for motherboard, but at stated price, I doubt it can be very good. If you can confirm which, could advise further. I have HEARD that there can be quality issues with SOME Rosewill products. They're not common in UK, so can't comment on the ONES you've selected. Would recommend getting second "local" opinion. If price difference is not too great, there, Samsung 830's are a better choice, for SSD. As, for monitors, Asus do some reasonable ones, at decent price. Finally, subject to my motherboard comments, either build would give excellent game performance, up to and including BF3. You could only get much better, by spending more on, say GTX 660Ti, or HD7950.


I5-3570k Ivy Bridge Quadcore 3.4ghz (3.8ghz Turbo boost) 214.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E1681...

HIS IceQ Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 239.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

LGA 1155 Intel H77 Motherboard 74.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G.SKILL Ares Series 4GBx2 DDR3 43.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE 450W Power Supply 69.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OCZ Agility 3 SSD 69.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seagate Barracuda 750 gb 7200 rpm HDD 59.99
Rosewill RANGER Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 49.99

Last 2 doesn't really matter but yeah. Here are the sites to the parts. If you know of a better build for high end gaming for the $850 price range could you help post it? High end gaming as in running Battlefield 3 to almost max settings.
m
0
l
August 24, 2012 9:49:09 PM

TheLittleTroll said:
either way, you will not be maxing out bf3. more like ultra with a few features at max. aa could be out of the question

assuming no overclocking, no crossfire, and that you have windows
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fvNh


the agility series is known to fail


Do you know of a better build for around the same price range that could get me to where I could at least play Battlefield 3 on high and still record with in 25-30 fps range?
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 1:11:44 AM

it can handle bf3 at ultra no problem. as for recording, it should be fine. not that intensive for the i5 chip

look into my build. everything is good. i dont post random systems out for people just so that people can make me look dumb. there could be parts that are sold cheaper elsewhere that i dont know about, but the prices are more or less correct
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 10:03:07 AM

chengvang said:
Do you know of a better build for around the same price range that could get me to where I could at least play Battlefield 3 on high and still record with in 25-30 fps range?

I apologise that it was only after my original post, that I noticed that, although you didn't give full details of mobo, you did say it was H77. If you do want to have ability to overclock, you would need to change to a Z77. Just saw the price, and thought "you aren't going to get much for that". Completely missed the "H". Need new glasses!
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 1:52:12 PM

malbluff said:
I apologise that it was only after my original post, that I noticed that, although you didn't give full details of mobo, you did say it was H77. If you do want to have ability to overclock, you would need to change to a Z77. Just saw the price, and thought "you aren't going to get much for that". Completely missed the "H". Need new glasses!


So... I'm not sure what the H meant? Or Z? But would any of those 2 be able to play BF3 on medium-high recording and getting 25-30 frames?
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 1:55:25 PM

yes. the h motherboards mean no overclocking. the z motherboard mean overclocking ready. thats all. they dont affect performance
m
0
l

Best solution

August 25, 2012 2:34:41 PM

chengvang said:
So... I'm not sure what the H meant? Or Z? But would any of those 2 be able to play BF3 on medium-high recording and getting 25-30 frames?

Yes. "H" boards give same performance. You just can't overclock, so, if you are using a "K" processor, to give yourself the ability to overclock, you also need to change mobo, to a "Z", otherwise there's no point in changing to the "K" CPU.
My mistake, I just missed it in your first post.
Share
September 4, 2012 6:21:06 PM

Best answer selected by chengvang.
m
0
l
!