Is this a good powersupply?

Sovereignx72

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello,

I am ordering a power supply for my pc. I was looking at this one: RAIDMAX RX-600AF 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply.
I was going to buy it from newegg. However, some of the reviews say that it died within a year while others so it is an excellent choice for the money. I was going to buy this one before I saw the raidmax: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply, but I am trying to save money where i can. I need to buy windows 7 as well so if the raidmax is just as good as the corsair let me know.

Thanks

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Don't buy a raidmax PSU, they're low quality units and if it fails it could damage your hardware. Buy from Corsair, Seasonic, PC P&C, or Antec.
Don't cheap out in the Power Supply.

Raidmax does have a poor reputation in the enthusiast industry. And they don't submit units to any review sites for testing, which obviously heightens the suspicion that the product is subpar quality.

I am inclined to agree that it wouldn't be my first choice either. There are a lot of really great PSU's to be had out there. Raidmax probably isn't one of them.