Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good powersupply?

Last response: in Components
January 7, 2013 10:05:40 PM

Hello,

I am ordering a power supply for my pc. I was looking at this one: RAIDMAX RX-600AF 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply.
I was going to buy it from newegg. However, some of the reviews say that it died within a year while others so it is an excellent choice for the money. I was going to buy this one before I saw the raidmax: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply, but I am trying to save money where i can. I need to buy windows 7 as well so if the raidmax is just as good as the corsair let me know.

Thanks

More about : good powersupply

a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2013 11:01:01 PM

Don't buy a raidmax PSU, they're low quality units and if it fails it could damage your hardware. Buy from Corsair, Seasonic, PC P&C, or Antec.
Don't cheap out in the Power Supply.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 7, 2013 11:34:18 PM

dont buy radimax or diablotek or anything else where the price per watt is too good to be true. Get the corsair, dont skimp on money on the psu. Radimax's "600w" is more like 400w.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 8, 2013 12:09:13 AM

Raidmax does have a poor reputation in the enthusiast industry. And they don't submit units to any review sites for testing, which obviously heightens the suspicion that the product is subpar quality.

I am inclined to agree that it wouldn't be my first choice either. There are a lot of really great PSU's to be had out there. Raidmax probably isn't one of them.
m
l
!