Unistalling AMD Drivers before new Install

Heinzman57

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hi all,

I want to upgrade my 12.4 CCC to 12.6 today. Last time i tried to do this with 12.3 to 12.4 i unistalled the drivers and used driver sweeper to get rid of the rest. Upon reboot i got no display (using both the integrated card and the GPU connection).

So my question is, if i choose to unistall the 12.4 CCC from the control panel without using driver sweeper, then reboot, will i get no display again? I dont want to risk it but i really want to get rid of the crappy 12.4 drivers in my system before going to 12.6.

Thanks,

Heinzman57

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I guess im just trying to figure out if i unistall the drivers then reboot my system will it still give me something on the video. Like i said, with driver sweeper i didnt get anything and my monitor went into power saving mode. I ended up having to call support line for help.

Drivers are irrelevant at boot and are not required. GPU's are designed to work with the default windows drivers, and no drivers at POST. There is NO reason to use driver sweeper or anything like that when upgrading drivers. Thats more for swapping between an AMD and Nvidia card, and still isn't required if you do it right. and what is crappy about the 12.4 drivers? they work fine.

Heinzman57

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I dont really understand why i wasnt getting video after i uninstalled the other drivers with driver sweeper then. 12.4 is working fine for me except i no longer can run WoW with Dx11. I get random FPS drops in caves for no apparent reason. The only way to fix it is to run in Dx9. Therefore i wish i could just go back to 12.3 but since 12.6 is out i would like to try those first.