Audigy SE drivers not working D,;

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with a problem I'm having with my Creative audigy SE soundcard I just bought. After installing it in my pci slot on my motherboard (Asus M4A79XTD EVO), I downloaded the latest drivers for the soundcard (which support Windows 7 and 8, 8 being what I am using). Every time I attempt to install, however, the install drivers says that they couldn't detect a supported product on my system. I tried the other pci slot, same thing. Even after disabling my motherboard's audio, they still do not detect my soundcard. Does this mean I received a faulty product? I did no damage to it whatsoever when installing, I stayed extra careful to discharge static electricity when handling the card, and did no physical damage to it in any way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

popatim

Titan
Have you tried the other (light blue) PCI slot ?

When the system boots up, pause it on the pci identification screen and write down all the ID so we can look them up. Perhaps you got something that not an audigy se. The id's look like this:
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_5880&SUBSYS_20001274&REV_03

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Well, it was bought brand new from amazon and it says on the box and invoice "audigy se". As I said, I have tried both pci slots, though only one (I think) with the on board sound disabled. I will try the other one and get back to you. I will also copy the ID info.

geis

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Alright, I tried the other slot with onboard audio off, still doesn't work however. Furthermore, I am not sure if I saw a "pci identification" screen. I did see a screen stating things such as my cpu and SATA drives, but nothing about the pci slots. What could be the problem?