6230 Questions...

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
September 5, 2004 3:52:27 PM

I've just got a Nokia 6230 (from o2 online) and on the whole am very pleased
with it.

However, I was wondering if anybody had any answers or advice on the
following?

1. Is there any way to adjust the screen brightness (like on my old 6100)?

2. Can you get the 'Music player' to play MP3's from a folder on the MMC and
not just from the root? I've even tried creating a 'Music files' folder on
the MMC card to give it a similar 'layout' to the phones memory - Still no
detection of media files. Files have correct .mp3 extension and ID tags!

3. Is there any way to change the picture used as the background when
scrolling through the menu's?

4. Can you stop the 'clock' type screen saver appearing? - even though my
screen saver is set to 'Off' the clock saver still appears after a short
time.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

More about : 6230 questions

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 5:59:14 PM

"The Kontaminator" <the.kontaminator@FUntlworld.com> wrote in

> 1. Is there any way to adjust the screen brightness (like on my old
> 6100)?

No.

> 2. Can you get the 'Music player' to play MP3's from a folder on the
> MMC and not just from the root? I've even tried creating a 'Music
> files' folder on the MMC card to give it a similar 'layout' to the
> phones memory - Still no detection of media files. Files have correct
> .mp3 extension and ID tags!

Use the Nokia Audio Manager to create playlists.

> 3. Is there any way to change the picture used as the background when
> scrolling through the menu's?

No.

> 4. Can you stop the 'clock' type screen saver appearing? - even though
> my screen saver is set to 'Off' the clock saver still appears after a
> short time.

No.

--
sA
Anonymous

Thanks for the answers dude...

"southpawArcher" <null@null.null> wrote in message
> "The Kontaminator" <the.kontaminator@FUntlworld.com> wrote in
>
>> 1. Is there any way to adjust the screen brightness (like on my old
>> 6100)?
>
> No.
>
>> 2. Can you get the 'Music player' to play MP3's from a folder on the
>> MMC and not just from the root? I've even tried creating a 'Music
>> files' folder on the MMC card to give it a similar 'layout' to the
>> phones memory - Still no detection of media files. Files have correct
>> .mp3 extension and ID tags!
>
> Use the Nokia Audio Manager to create playlists.
>
>> 3. Is there any way to change the picture used as the background when
>> scrolling through the menu's?
>
> No.
>
>> 4. Can you stop the 'clock' type screen saver appearing? - even though
>> my screen saver is set to 'Off' the clock saver still appears after a
>> short time.
>
> No.
>
>> Any info greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> --
> sA
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 6, 2004 11:36:14 AM

> >> 4. Can you stop the 'clock' type screen saver appearing? - even though
> >> my screen saver is set to 'Off' the clock saver still appears after a
> >> short time.
> >
> > No.

Well you can delay it! Perversely if you set the screensaver to on then set
the time out to 'other' then set the time to the maximum, 60 mins, the
'clock' will not display and you just get a darkened screen.

mike
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 7:38:27 PM

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 11:52:27 GMT, "The Kontaminator"
<the.kontaminator@FUntlworld.com> wrote:

>4. Can you stop the 'clock' type screen saver appearing? - even though my
>screen saver is set to 'Off' the clock saver still appears after a short
>time.

If you select an image from the galley to use as the screensaver you
can then set the timeout before the clock appears to be up to 60
minutes.

Chris
!