Can't customize Favorites Folder Icon

JJ

On a Windows Media Center Edition 2004 Notebook Computer I can't seem
to assign a custom icon to a folder in Favorites. I can copy the same
folder to the desktop and customize the icon.

My old machine running Windows XP Pro allowed customization of
Favorites Folders and this machine seems to allow me to do it, but
when I am done the manilla folder icon still remains stubbornly there.

Folder seems to be read only...

Windows Firewall is turned off.

Webroot Spy Sweeper is off, though I think new version runs a process
no matter what.

Norton System Works 2005

John "J.J." Jackson

You should consult the experts in the Windows Media Center newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP