Good Graphic Cards

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Aspire
  • Power Supplies
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 5, 2012 5:14:25 PM

Hello, anyone know any good graphics cards for the acer aspire x1301 and also the power supply on it?

More about : good graphic cards

a c 198 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 5, 2012 5:22:47 PM

I have almost the same Acer as you do, and I know that it has 14a on the 12V rail, which is not very much by today's standards.

My Acer Aspire X1301 is actually in the middle of a whole new overhaul. I'm getting a new case as well as a new power supply to run it as a media center PC.

As for your power supply, I did have a 6670 on it for awhile, but I would not recommend it at all. Try it at your own risk. The highest card I would feel comfortable recommending is the 6570, and even that might be a stretch in the long run.

I also know about the X1301 that the power supply is almost un-upgradeable to any extent. The power supply cutout on the rear of the case is specific for the Acer power supply.

So I would recommend the 6570, but the 6450 would be the safest option you could get.

What are you planning to do with the computer? Gaming? Watching movies?
m
l
July 5, 2012 5:44:01 PM

Deemo13 said:
I have almost the same Acer as you do, and I know that it has 14a on the 12V rail, which is not very much by today's standards.

My Acer Aspire X1301 is actually in the middle of a whole new overhaul. I'm getting a new case as well as a new power supply to run it as a media center PC.

As for your power supply, I did have a 6670 on it for awhile, but I would not recommend it at all. Try it at your own risk. The highest card I would feel comfortable recommending is the 6570, and even that might be a stretch in the long run.

I also know about the X1301 that the power supply is almost un-upgradeable to any extent. The power supply cutout on the rear of the case is specific for the Acer power supply.

So I would recommend the 6570, but the 6450 would be the safest option you could get.

What are you planning to do with the computer? Gaming? Watching movies?

I plan using it for Gaming, the graphics card I have now nvidia 9200 its pretty much garbage and i'm looking to replace it
m
l
Related resources
a c 198 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 5, 2012 6:08:33 PM

You would be able to play some games, but not the latest, like BF3. What games do you plan on?
m
l
July 5, 2012 6:25:21 PM

I wanna play games like, Batman Arkham City or Saints Row The Third, and also even though I probaly won't be able to, but would my computer work with the 560 Ti ?
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 5, 2012 7:31:12 PM

With the 560Ti, there are a few things we are going to need to observe.

1. They do not make low profile variants of the 560Ti. It would not fit in the case.

2. It would not run on the power supply you have in the system currently. You could have to get a new case to get a new power supply to run the card.

3. The 560Ti would create a large bottleneck in the computer, making gaming on the machine harder.

I do have an Acer Aspire X1301, just like yours. I am supposed to be getting a new power supply in today, so I just have the system running on a cardboard box, not in the case. I will download Saints Row The Third onto that computer, since I already own it, and tell you have it runs later. It might take awhile, but I will try it and get back to you.

I have a Radeon HD6670, but to run one of these I highly recommend a power supply upgrade. I ran it for awhile on the 220W, but I do not recommend it. Try it at your own risk.

Not sure how Arkham City would run on it. The minimum specs require an 8800GT 512mb, which is about the performance level of the GDDR5 variant of the Radeon HD6670. You will probably most likely BARELY make the CPU requirement of the game as well. I do not own the game, otherwise I would test it. I could download the demo depending on how large it is and test for you if you like.
m
l
July 5, 2012 7:45:02 PM

Oh, well thanks for the information man, it was very helpful
m
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 5, 2012 10:59:24 PM

No prob, I'll get back to you with some results on SR3 and maybe Arkham City.
m
l

Best solution

a c 198 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 6, 2012 8:47:12 PM

So I am able to play SR3 on low detail settings (which still look oddly good) very smoothly, probably about 30fps. I am running a 1024x768 resolution.

The processor is proving to be a bottleneck in the game itself. The Athlon II X2 215 is taking a huge hit by this game. Sometimes the game would take frame rate dips, but nothing too serious.

In a nutshell, the computer is barely able to pull of SR3. It takes more of the CPU power than the graphics power. You should be able to run it on a 6570 or 5570, which is what I would recommend for your system. I ran the game on a 6670 on my X1301, but that is because I have an upgraded power supply, and I am going to get a new case pretty soon for it. If you want to get the 6670, which is ultimately more powerful, try it at your own risk. I would not recommend it, but I tried it anyway. I feel more comfortable with the power supply I upgraded to.

The most I would feel comfortable recommending to you on that computer is the Radeon HD6570. It should be able to run SR3 on the lowest settings it goes at 1024x768, which actually looks good compared to how it looks on my main computer.
July 27, 2012 4:46:42 PM

Best answer selected by icedteaa.
m
l
July 27, 2012 4:46:45 PM

Im sorry this is a little late, thanks man for the information I bought the 6570 and its working as good as you said, Thanks a lot.
m
l
!