Best GPU with Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz CPU

MCJD4ever

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hello all,

I am going to upgrade my iMac's GPU, and was wondering what is the best GPU I can get that would not result in my CPU becoming a bottleneck. Here are my stats:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz
RAM: 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Specifically, I want a set-up where I can play Dragon Age: Origins at high settings at 1080p with AA off and texturing low. I don't think I can upgrade my CPU, so I'm somewhat limited here.

Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks so much!

I'm pretty sure you are not going to be able to upgrade the GPU in that iMac. Its already running on a mobile graphics chip, the 9400M.

Even then, the power supply would probably not be able to support anything more.

MCJD4ever

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I found someone who is able to successfully do it. With my CPU, what would be the best graphics card I could upgrade to without the CPU becoming the bottleneck? I believe it's the Radeon HD 4670..thanks!

MCJD4ever

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Well, I know the Radeon HD 4670 is compatible with my particular iMac, so I'll most likely just upgrade to that. I found someone in New York who is able to do this for at a decent price, and he guarantees his work. So hopefully it will work out. This is the last time I buy something that is so non-upgrabeable.