desktop icon font color

I have a light color picture for my desktop background and the font color for
the icons is white what make it hard to see. How can I change the font color
for the icons to, for example, black?? The option for icon on display
property (right click on desktop) doesn't have an option for color change.
Thanks!

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:28:04 -0700, guta_brasil wrote:

> I have a light color picture for my desktop background and the font color for
> the icons is white what make it hard to see. How can I change the font color
> for the icons to, for example, black?? The option for icon on display
> property (right click on desktop) doesn't have an option for color change.
> Thanks!

Text color is done automatically in response to the color of background
that is in use. Change it to something light colored or white. Display>
Appearance> Advanced>Item> Desktop. And you'll need to turn off "use drop
shadows" in System Properties> Advanced> Performance> Settings> Visual
Effects as XP's drop shadows are always done off of white text.

One drawback, this will force a black font but it will also put "holes" in
the wallpaper - no transparent icon labels. If you prefer to keep the
transparency, there is an alternative.

Leave background color and drop shadows alone. Then, using a graphics
program, open a copy of the image file being used for wallpaper. Use the
graphics program to adjust the image so that light text is more visible.
Examples: Use the burn tool on the edge(s) of the image or use color
adjustments to darken the entire image. I've darkened edges on quite a few
images for my system. Acceptable results were achieved with a minimal
amount of editing.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User