desktop icon font color

I have a light color picture for my desktop background and the font color for
the icons is white what make it hard to see. How can I change the font color
for the icons to, for example, black?? The option for icon on display
property (right click on desktop) doesn't have an option for color change.
Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icon font color

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:28:04 -0700, guta_brasil wrote:

    > I have a light color picture for my desktop background and the font color for
    > the icons is white what make it hard to see. How can I change the font color
    > for the icons to, for example, black?? The option for icon on display
    > property (right click on desktop) doesn't have an option for color change.
    > Thanks!

    Text color is done automatically in response to the color of background
    that is in use. Change it to something light colored or white. Display>
    Appearance> Advanced>Item> Desktop. And you'll need to turn off "use drop
    shadows" in System Properties> Advanced> Performance> Settings> Visual
    Effects as XP's drop shadows are always done off of white text.

    One drawback, this will force a black font but it will also put "holes" in
    the wallpaper - no transparent icon labels. If you prefer to keep the
    transparency, there is an alternative.

    Leave background color and drop shadows alone. Then, using a graphics
    program, open a copy of the image file being used for wallpaper. Use the
    graphics program to adjust the image so that light text is more visible.
    Examples: Use the burn tool on the edge(s) of the image or use color
    adjustments to darken the entire image. I've darkened edges on quite a few
    images for my system. Acceptable results were achieved with a minimal
    amount of editing.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Desktops Font Icons Windows XP