Sign in with
Your question

Need help to upgrade my graphics card to play diablo 3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 5, 2012 5:37:55 PM

Hello,

Due to unfortunate events (spilled wine on my laptop) and the fact that I do not have enough money now to purchase a new pc I am considering the option to upgrade my old desktop in order to play diablo 3.

Here's the link:

http://www.asus.com/Barebone_PC/V_Series_2530L/V3P5G31/...

It has the quad core processor. I run an online test which shows that the only problem to play diablo 3 on this pc is the graphics card. Due to the fact the graphics card slot is pci-e 1 I am really sceptical to what my options are if any.

Any help and recommendations would be great.

Thanks in advance.
a b U Graphics card
July 5, 2012 5:59:18 PM

What's your budget? You might want to consider investing in a new computer altogether since there will most likely be a bottleneck.
a b U Graphics card
July 5, 2012 6:01:47 PM

Well the issue is the power supply as it is only 300Watt any PCI-e video card will work in a version 1 slot so that will not be an issue.

Thent
Related resources
July 5, 2012 6:03:42 PM

150-200 euro if I will know that the game will run fine. By fine I mean mid graphics with no hic ups.
Because i dont plan to play any other games in the near future i dont want to spend much now.

Thanks for your time :) 
July 5, 2012 6:04:51 PM

i will change the power supply if its needed of course
July 5, 2012 6:06:02 PM

Hello, glad I can help! First off, I recommend getting the Radeon 6670 Graphics Card. It is affordable ($75-$120) and can even play Battlefield 3 at high settings with a steady frame-rate. It will run Diablo 3 just fine. Make sure you have a 450+ Watt PSU (Power supply), to ensure that the graphics card runs good. Hope I helped!
July 5, 2012 6:42:19 PM

Thank you very much for you help people. I didnt expect such a fast response!
The reason i asked about the backwards compatibility is because while i was searching for this in the net i read that some cards dont actually work (maybe specific cards with specific motherboards) and of course i would like to make sure that the card i will choose will do the job.

Again thanks. Really appreciate the time you spend :) 
July 5, 2012 7:05:45 PM

Been trying to find something for you but I would look into maybe a 7770. Atleast in the states its about $20.00 - $40.00 cheaper and close to the performance.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-sapphire-radeon-hd-7...

It is backwards compatible to 1.0. Just wanted to throw something else into the bunch. I have a buddy that uses that same card and it runs well for him.
!