Sign in with
Your question

Will a Phenom x6 1045T 2.7ghz overclocked to 3.6ghz BOTTLENECK .....

Last response: in CPUs
January 8, 2013 2:35:05 AM

An ATI 4770 Graphics Card? the graphics card is an ati 4770 stock clocks of 750/800mhz for core and memory. I flashed it with a different bios and overclocked it to 880mhz/931mhz I am wondering if my GPU is bottle necked by the CPU. Before I had the Phenom x6 I had an older AMD athlon II x4 620 Is my GPU being bottle necked by the CPU and should I downgrade the CPU back down to the ATHLON. OR Should I purchase a new Graphics Card like a 7770 or 7870/7850 or Just wait for the New AMD 8000 series gpus?

At the moment I don't think I can purchase a new graphics card because I got no need for it. Instead I wanna wait for the new 8000 series gpus to come out because they are going to be much efficient in energy, power consumption and so on. So...Should I downgrade my CPU back to the athlon....SAVE the x6 phenom for a future BUILD and add in a more powerful graphics card next to the x6 phenom? Also if I downgraded and I overclocked that x4 athlon would it bottleneck it as well?

I don't know too much about bottle necks etc but I heard if I put in a Powerful GPU but very very low class CPU the GPU would be bottle necked because of the low class CPU...but an upgrade to that CPU would balance it and it would work just fine.

So.... Would it be the same...if it is reversed and the CPU is the one more powerful than the GPU? What do you guys think? And this is my very first thread and post. I created an account just to ask this question. Thanks guys and I hope you can help clear some things for me :) . Also if you know a lot about bottle necks I would love to hear about this! And it would be awesome if you explained so many others who are confused as well, can get things cleared up. Thanks :)  :) 
a b à CPUs
July 12, 2013 5:49:42 PM

First off the Athlon II x4 will not bottleneck your 4770, the 4770 is a low/mid range GPU. Second why would you downgrade your CPU?? It doesn't make any sense to me. The phenom II x6 will not bottle neck almost any single GPU today.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
July 12, 2013 7:05:30 PM

Edgali91 said:
An ATI 4770 Graphics Card? the graphics card is an ati 4770 stock clocks of 750/800mhz for core and memory. I flashed it with a different bios and overclocked it to 880mhz/931mhz I am wondering if my GPU is bottle necked by the CPU. Before I had the Phenom x6 I had an older AMD athlon II x4 620 Is my GPU being bottle necked by the CPU and should I downgrade the CPU back down to the ATHLON. OR Should I purchase a new Graphics Card like a 7770 or 7870/7850 or Just wait for the New AMD 8000 series gpus?

At the moment I don't think I can purchase a new graphics card because I got no need for it. Instead I wanna wait for the new 8000 series gpus to come out because they are going to be much efficient in energy, power consumption and so on. So...Should I downgrade my CPU back to the athlon....SAVE the x6 phenom for a future BUILD and add in a more powerful graphics card next to the x6 phenom? Also if I downgraded and I overclocked that x4 athlon would it bottleneck it as well?

I don't know too much about bottle necks etc but I heard if I put in a Powerful GPU but very very low class CPU the GPU would be bottle necked because of the low class CPU...but an upgrade to that CPU would balance it and it would work just fine.

So.... Would it be the same...if it is reversed and the CPU is the one more powerful than the GPU? What do you guys think? And this is my very first thread and post. I created an account just to ask this question. Thanks guys and I hope you can help clear some things for me :) . Also if you know a lot about bottle necks I would love to hear about this! And it would be awesome if you explained so many others who are confused as well, can get things cleared up. Thanks :)  :) 

The x6 is still a good cpu, and can while overclocked play most games well at 1080p with an appropriate GPU.

You do not need to worry about bottlenecking with that low end gpu.

You need to be around a gtx 660 and up to worry about that.
m
l
!