EU servers down?

I crashed, and then couldnt log on at all. The realm status says every
server is down. BUT the forums are full of people whining so i am not
100% sure!

--
"Nintendo could have been making all the mistakes in the world before.
But because they were up against Sega, nobody noticed"

rene

Alastair Foster <uncleSPAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMchibi@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I crashed, and then couldnt log on at all. The realm status says every
> server is down. BUT the forums are full of people whining so i am not
> 100% sure!

Yesterday evening some EU servers crashed or were taken down for emergency
maintenance. The world login server was down quite a lot (which prevents
anyone to login but does not prevent already logged in players to play on
the realms that are up). When it came back up, it was quite loaded possibly
due to a large amount of people logging in. This caused the effect that the
login procedere took more than 5 minutes; more than 1 at every step,
authenticating (pw check), handshaking (session establishment), realm list
through.

Additionally, a whole lot of realm servers crashed/were down and were
restarted approximately around 23:00 where they became available again.
Some where not affected and you could play on them if you were already on
or when the world-login server was up and responding again.

At least, that was my experience. In times like these, I usually play my
alt char which is on an entirely different realm. It's very rare that both
realms are down at the same time when not all realms are down.

CU

René

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB