Ringing Volume on 6600

Hi, Any way of making the Nokia 6600 Ringtones very loud?

I can hardly hear it when someone rings me, I've adjusted the ring to max
sound but it still seems very quiet.

Thanks

Si
6 answers Last reply
More about ringing volume 6600

    In article <2q0rtfFqbovvU1@uni-berlin.de>, ask@privacy.com says...
    > Hi, Any way of making the Nokia 6600 Ringtones very loud?
    >
    > I can hardly hear it when someone rings me, I've adjusted the ring to max
    > sound but it still seems very quiet.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Si

    That's odd. What tones have you tried? I have mine set to desk phone,
    low at volume 7, and I can hear it throughout my house.

    Have you tried doing other things involving the speaker, such as
    recording and then playing back a sound clip?

    Maybe the phone has a master volume setting somewhere but it so, I'm not
    sure where it might be.

    --Al

    "Al puzzuoli" <alpuzz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > In article <2q0rtfFqbovvU1@uni-berlin.de>, ask@privacy.com says...
    > > Hi, Any way of making the Nokia 6600 Ringtones very loud?
    > >
    > > I can hardly hear it when someone rings me, I've adjusted the ring to
    max
    > > sound but it still seems very quiet.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Si
    > >

    > That's odd. What tones have you tried? I have mine set to desk phone,
    > low at volume 7, and I can hear it throughout my house.
    >
    > Have you tried doing other things involving the speaker, such as
    > recording and then playing back a sound clip?
    >
    > Maybe the phone has a master volume setting somewhere but it so, I'm not
    > sure where it might be.
    >
    > --Al

    Well I've downloaded loads of mid songs (all from different places) and they
    all seem very low, I actually bought another 6600 the other day for my
    girlfriend and that is the same.

    I do have a krusell case fitted to my phone, it muffles it slightly but not
    that much as there is a hole for the ringtone speaker.

    I've tried all the menus, cant seem to make it go any higher, I've missed
    about 4 calls with it now which is quite frustrating.

    Si

    In article <2q108rFq7rp6U1@uni-berlin.de>, ask@privacy.com says...
    > "Al puzzuoli" <alpuzz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > In article <2q0rtfFqbovvU1@uni-berlin.de>, ask@privacy.com says...
    > > > Hi, Any way of making the Nokia 6600 Ringtones very loud?
    > > >
    > > > I can hardly hear it when someone rings me, I've adjusted the ring to
    > max
    > > > sound but it still seems very quiet.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Si
    > > >

    > > That's odd. What tones have you tried? I have mine set to desk phone,
    > > low at volume 7, and I can hear it throughout my house.
    > >
    > > Have you tried doing other things involving the speaker, such as
    > > recording and then playing back a sound clip?
    > >
    > > Maybe the phone has a master volume setting somewhere but it so, I'm not
    > > sure where it might be.
    > >
    > > --Al
    > >

    > Well I've downloaded loads of mid songs (all from different places) and they
    > all seem very low, I actually bought another 6600 the other day for my
    > girlfriend and that is the same.
    >
    > I do have a krusell case fitted to my phone, it muffles it slightly but not
    > that much as there is a hole for the ringtone speaker.
    >
    > I've tried all the menus, cant seem to make it go any higher, I've missed
    > about 4 calls with it now which is quite frustrating.
    >
    > Si

    Have you tried it outside of the case? Mine isn't in a case now, and
    the ring tones are actually more on the "too loud' side than anything
    else.

    almost

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 18:21:25 +0100, "Dunesea" <ask@privacy.com> wrote:

    >"Al puzzuoli" <alpuzz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <2q0rtfFqbovvU1@uni-berlin.de>, ask@privacy.com says...
    >> > Hi, Any way of making the Nokia 6600 Ringtones very loud?
    >> >
    >> > I can hardly hear it when someone rings me, I've adjusted the ring to
    >max
    >> > sound but it still seems very quiet.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> >
    >> > Si
    >> >

    >> That's odd. What tones have you tried? I have mine set to desk phone,
    >> low at volume 7, and I can hear it throughout my house.
    >>
    >> Have you tried doing other things involving the speaker, such as
    >> recording and then playing back a sound clip?
    >>
    >> Maybe the phone has a master volume setting somewhere but it so, I'm not
    >> sure where it might be.
    >>
    >> --Al
    >>

    >Well I've downloaded loads of mid songs (all from different places) and they
    >all seem very low, I actually bought another 6600 the other day for my
    >girlfriend and that is the same.
    >
    >I do have a krusell case fitted to my phone, it muffles it slightly but not
    >that much as there is a hole for the ringtone speaker.
    >
    >I've tried all the menus, cant seem to make it go any higher, I've missed
    >about 4 calls with it now which is quite frustrating.
    >
    >Si

    The other setting you need to check is "Ringing Type". If you have
    "ascending" ticked the tone starts off really quiet and builds. Which
    means it might have been ringing for 20 secs before you eventually
    hear it and you might miss the call.

    If it's not that, you might have a duff loudspeaker on your phone.
    When mine goes off it's so loud I usually jump out of my skin.

    nl

    Get a program called MIDIFixer you can ajust the volume of the midi file
    before you transfer it to the phone. If youi do a search of the web, you
    will find it.

    Regards
    Melvyn Scott

    "Dunesea" <ask@privacy.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, Any way of making the Nokia 6600 Ringtones very loud?
    >
    > I can hardly hear it when someone rings me, I've adjusted the ring to max
    > sound but it still seems very quiet.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Si

    I had this problem and in the end gave up the 6600 and got the 7610 as I
    missed all my calls and it ended up being a worthless bit of tat!

    --
    NokianQueen
    "Melvyn Scott" <Melvyn11@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Get a program called MIDIFixer you can ajust the volume of the midi file
    > before you transfer it to the phone. If youi do a search of the web, you
    > will find it.
    >
    > Regards
    > Melvyn Scott
    >
    > "Dunesea" <ask@privacy.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi, Any way of making the Nokia 6600 Ringtones very loud?
    >>
    >> I can hardly hear it when someone rings me, I've adjusted the ring to max
    >> sound but it still seems very quiet.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Si

Nokia