IE6 click sound on links

I have a small but irritating problem.

I used to get a click sound when I selected a link, I do not get it anymore.
Does anyone know how to get it back?

Any help would be great.

NIK
3 answers Last reply
More about click sound links

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:33:47 +0100, niknik1971 wrote:

    > I have a small but irritating problem.
    >
    > I used to get a click sound when I selected a link, I do not get it anymore.
    > Does anyone know how to get it back?
    >
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > NIK

    The sound event for that action can be found here:
    Control Panel (classic view)> Sounds and Audio Devices> Sounds> Program
    Events. The name of the event is "Start Navigation" and is located in the
    "Windows Explorer" section. The default sound is "Windows XP Start.wav"

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    I have checked on the computer that I am having the problem and I can not
    find "start Navigation"

    Is there any way to reset the sounds.

    NIK

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:58:39 +0100, niknik1971 wrote:

    > I have checked on the computer that I am having the problem and I can not
    > find "start Navigation"
    >
    > Is there any way to reset the sounds.
    >
    > NIK

    Check in Internet Options> Advanced. Under Multimedia is an option to "play
    sounds." Apply that change. Close any open IE windows and then launch IE
    again. Go back to Sounds in Control Panel. "Start Navigation" is not in the
    first Windows section. It is much further down the list.

    If still no luck, you may want to consider repairing your IE installation:
    How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Microsoft Customization IE6 Windows XP