With the difference that my computer freezes every hour or so.
My system settings are as follow:
CPU: AMD 64 x2 6000+ brisbane
MOBO: Biostar MCP6p M2+
RAM: 1x 1gb 667 mhz ddr2, 1x 2gb 667 mhz ddr2
Lite on DVDRW
1 300gb IDE hdd
1 1tb SATA hdd
430w cooler master regular PSU
Recently added an XFX HD 4770 vidcard
Right now I'm using Win XP SP3 and I don't have any kind of trouble, not HW issues, not SW issues, not even BSODS.
Things change when I install win7.
The installation process goes smooth, I even can update all the language files, drivers and stuff that win7 does automatically for me. Things get frustrating when I actually get to use the computer because it freezes randomly and the system monitor just says that system halted after I restart the pc.
Heres a list of things I have done so far:
- Installed 32 & 64 bit versions on the IDE hdd without the SATA connected (both from USB and DVD)
- Installed 32 & 64 bit versions on the SATA hdd without the IDE connected (both from USB and DVD)
- Updated Bios
- Installed a "light" version of the OS
- Installed OS using 1 & 2 gb ram sticks separatedly (ran memtest and memories are ok)
- Changed the termic compound on the cpu
- Cleaned the MoBo and reconnected the PSU cables in case of a false contact
- Fiddled with the ACPI settings
- Used OEM drivers
- Used downloaded by win7 drivers
- Used onboard vga
- Used discrete vidcard
- Disabled graphic effects
Nothing has helped so far with my problem, any ideas?