Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155
Intel i5 3570K processor (Ivy Bridge)
8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile RAM
Sapphire HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W
60GB OCZ brand Agility 3 SSD
Seagate ST1000DL002
Samsung SH-D163A

I originally installed Windows 8, but due to an incompatibility with a large amount of games (I had heard good things in that regard) I decided to change to Windows 7. The graphics card worked fine throughout this.

However, I can not get Windows 7 to display anything when my graphics card is plugged in (before or after installing Windows 7). Also worth noting is that even on Windows 8 I could never get the BIOS to run with the graphics card.

Everything works fine with the internal graphics, but nothing displays when the graphics card is inserted - not even the BIOS. However, I can determine from sounds and shut down times that everything else on Windows 7 runs fine with the graphics card installed.

I have done a ton of research before coming here and so far I've tried:

- Installing the AMD disk with the card not in the PC.
- Leaving Windows alone for a while to detect and install it automatically.
- Uninstalling the AMD software
- Leaving Windows alone for a while to detect and install it automatically.
- Changing "Init Display First" to PEG (for PCI Express)
- Disabling the internal graphics (then having to reset BIOS)
- Starting Windows 7 in safe mode.
- Disabling the "Full Screen LOGO"
- Changing the Internal Graphics to "Enabled" then using the motherboard port to load (still no signal).

Is there anything else I can try or is it time to give up, go to Windows 8 and just wait for the games to become compatible (or slightly better drivers or whatever is causing them not to run or crash)?

More about : sapphire 7850 display

a c 99 U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 2:13:18 AM

Okay, download driver sweeper, boot into safe mode and delete the AMD display drivers.

In the BIOS, you may want to change the Primary display to where your card is (for example, PCI-E slot 1 x16 or something like that)
Then, try another PCI-E x16 slot on the motheboard and download the latest 12.6 drivers from AMD's website.
July 6, 2012 6:58:47 AM

There were no drivers to delete, fist display has been set as PEG (for PCI-R x16) and it's the only one (the other is x4).

So, no changes.

Edit: Actually, primary display resets to auto when I pick PEG, probably because it reboots instantly and there is nothing in that slot (as I can't change the setting while the card is in the slot)

Edit: I changed first display to IGFX and can boot with the graphics card inserted and can load through the internal graphics. I can change the BIOS to PEG but it then won't work again.

Is there a way to get windows to detect the graphics card while using the internal graphics?
!