Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Do I install this to update my driver?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 6, 2012 12:17:29 AM

Hello, sorry for my newbieness, I have a ATI Radeon 5679. I am trying to see if there's a driver update for my card, so I went on AMD's site and entered my card model and this came out: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/rad...

My question is... I don't know which one to install... Catalyst Software Suite? Latest Beta Driver? Or AMD Catalyst Application Profiles? ( I do play Diablo 3 the note at the bottom of that page says its good for Diablo 3)

Thanks for the help.. Really really appreciated.

More about : install update driver

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 12:28:41 AM

Just install the first one. The beta driver is for experimental purposes and you probably don't want to be bothered. The Profiles are only if you 2 or more graphics cards installed.
July 6, 2012 12:44:12 AM

Temile said:
Just install the first one. The beta driver is for experimental purposes and you probably don't want to be bothered. The Profiles are only if you 2 or more graphics cards installed.

Thanks for the quick reply! okay so I've download the first link and installed it, restarted. Is everything all set? But if I go to my device manager and under the driver tab, the driver date is still listed as 5/17/2010.... Is this normal?

Also for the profile file, after reading the notes underneath, it says its good for single or multi GPU, I think I have some mouse flickering problem when I play Diablo 3, so do you think I should get it still?
Score
Related resources
July 6, 2012 12:49:30 AM

Best answer selected by design1314.
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 12:57:20 AM

design1314 said:
Thanks for the quick reply! okay so I've download the first link and installed it, restarted. Is everything all set? But if I go to my device manager and under the driver tab, the driver date is still listed as 5/17/2010.... Is this normal?

Also for the profile file, after reading the notes underneath, it says its good for single or multi GPU, I think I have some mouse flickering problem when I play Diablo 3, so do you think I should get it still?

Score
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 1:00:09 AM

Sorry, Application Profiles are *mostly* for 2 or more GPUs. Doesn't hurt to install them in any case, though I doubt it will fix your mouse flicker.

The driver date should have updated when you installed your driver. Go to the Run... dialog and type "dxdiag". The output from that will tell you what driver you have installed.
Score
July 6, 2012 1:54:19 AM

My computer frozed when I did the first install... So I restarted and installed again. now my computer is all laggy now... The dxdiag says 5/17/2010 which is the old drivers date... But I did install the new driver I think.
Score
July 6, 2012 2:01:11 AM

update: The lag seems to smoothed down a bit....
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 10:16:03 AM

Copy the text out of the dxdiag where it says what the driver is and let us see what it says.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 12:33:14 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!