Sign in with
Your question

New build keeps restarting when loading windows!

Last response: in Systems
August 24, 2012 7:56:51 PM

Hello out there..

I just got myself an MSI Z77A-G43 motherboard, an i7 3770k, 8gb corsair vengeance ram and when i've set it all up, it wont boot up into windows.

It loads BIOS fine and I can even enter BIOS and everything but as soon as it gets to the "Windows Starting" phase, it reboots and asks if I want to run repair mode or start up normally.. Nothing really happens when i run repair mode and if I start up normally, it does the same thing.

Ive tried booting up in Safe Mode but it hits a BSOD for a split second and reboots before I'm able to see the error.. I've also had the computer running inside BIOS for a while to check if the CPU was overheating or something, which it is not..

I'm really confused as to why it wont boot up and I would be very grateful if anyone knew the solution to this problem..

Best regards.
August 24, 2012 8:14:31 PM

But why would I need to update the BIOS when I haven't even been into windows once?
Do you think it would fix the problem?
Related resources
August 24, 2012 8:16:59 PM

I am using the same harddisk as I did before with my previous hardware by the way..
August 24, 2012 8:17:48 PM

Because it works. I've read a few threads where people couldn't boot to Windows or Windows would BSOD, and an updated BIOS fixed the issue. So you didn't reinstall Windows on that hard drive? That might be the problem. But, update the BIOS first.
August 24, 2012 8:29:48 PM

I tried flashing the BIOS now and the same problem persists.. :/  the update was succesful tho as I can still enter BIOS and see the new 2.4 version rather than the 2.1..
August 24, 2012 8:32:06 PM

Reload Windows.

You can't plug in an old windows loaded HD into a new setup and expect it to work.

LM
!