This a bug/exploit?

May be just my ignorance, if so apologies for wasting time.

I was on Daggerspine (EU) today which is PvP, I am Lvl 34 Alliance
Mage - saw a ripe 29ish horde and went in for kill - (I'm so Brave!!),
there was another horde - and a couple of Allies as well.

Anyway - all of a sudden the Mage ran toward me - and his text changed
from red to green - Although he was clearly a female troll I could not
attack. She then blinked - at which point the text turned red and she
ran off - I tried to follow but she got back to the mills near SS.

Never seen this. Asked the other Allies what had happened but none had
explanation.

Anyone able to enlighten me?

TIA
Cheers.

couldnt u attack either?
i dont know but perhaps he / she used something like this orb that
chages ur outfit to the enemies and perhaps this also changes ur name
color?!?
in both cases u should be able to attack... perhaps u didnt try this?
u c.. a lot of "perhaps"...

i'm not sure if it's possible, but :

a priest could have taken her under mind control. then the color
changes to green too ?!? if the priest would be able to blink or if the
blinking was after the mind control broke ?!?

just another idea :)

>i'm not sure if it's possible, but :
>
>a priest could have taken her under mind control. then the color
>changes to green too ?!? if the priest would be able to blink or if the
>blinking was after the mind control broke ?!?
>
>just another idea :)

They seem too low of level, but isnt there an epic item that makes you
appear like the opposing faction?

Bronzebeard PVE:
Lehi - 60 Human Paladin
Bathsheba - 60 Human Rogue

Frostmane PVP:
Laban - 54 Troll Rogue
Korohor - 24 Undead Warlock

"Justin Thompson" <JustinThompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:

> Anyway - all of a sudden the Mage ran toward me - and his text changed
> from red to green - Although he was clearly a female troll I could not
> attack. She then blinked - at which point the text turned red and she
> ran off - I tried to follow but she got back to the mills near SS.

Something slightly similar: I have seen friendly players and pets
red for a few seconds due to lag (happens more often with pets).
Maybe it was just a lag/synchronisation issue.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

> Anyway - all of a sudden the Mage ran toward me - and his text changed
> from red to green - Although he was clearly a female troll I could not
> attack. She then blinked - at which point the text turned red and she
> ran off - I tried to follow but she got back to the mills near SS.
>
> Never seen this. Asked the other Allies what had happened but none had
> explanation.

Someone using mind control?

Erik.

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

> Anyway - all of a sudden the Mage ran toward me - and his text changed
> from red to green - Although he was clearly a female troll I could not
> attack. She then blinked - at which point the text turned red and she
> ran off - I tried to follow but she got back to the mills near SS.
>
> Never seen this. Asked the other Allies what had happened but none had
> explanation.

Someone using mind control?

Erik.

Lehi a écrit :
>>i'm not sure if it's possible, but :
>>
>>a priest could have taken her under mind control. then the color
>>changes to green too ?!? if the priest would be able to blink or if the
>>blinking was after the mind control broke ?!?
>>
>>just another idea :)
>

> They seem too low of level, but isnt there an epic item that makes you
> appear like the opposing faction?

That would be useless if the appearance didn't change?

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Justin Thompson <JustinThompson@removethisntlworld.com> stared
blankly into space for a short while before writing:
> May be just my ignorance, if so apologies for wasting time.
>
> I was on Daggerspine (EU) today which is PvP, I am Lvl 34 Alliance
> Mage - saw a ripe 29ish horde and went in for kill - (I'm so
> Brave!!), there was another horde - and a couple of Allies as well.
>
> Anyway - all of a sudden the Mage ran toward me - and his text
> changed from red to green - Although he was clearly a female troll
> I could not attack. She then blinked - at which point the text
> turned red and she ran off - I tried to follow but she got back to
> the mills near SS.
>
> Never seen this. Asked the other Allies what had happened but none
> had explanation.
>
> Anyone able to enlighten me?
>
> TIA
> Cheers.

The mage was probably under Mind Control. Blinking can free the caster
from many movement impairing spells and skills and I'll bet Mind Control
is on the list :)

Oh, and my favorite part of your post is - "Although he was clearly a
female Troll..." - j/k ;)

--
Doc