New Nvidia Graphics Releases anytime soon?

qmdunn

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone has seen a "road map" for new GPU releases by nvidia. Basically I'm wondering if there's going to be something coming soon to dethrone the GTX 680 ( other than the even more ridiculous 690).

Baller911

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

Since they just recently came out with the gtx 6xx series, probably not till next year. Sorry :(

Baller911

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Wow, I really did not hear anything about that card until now. According to (http://videocardz.com/31650/geforce-gtx-685-gk110-features-4gb-512bit-memory) there is supposed to be a 25% increase in performance. This is obviously something new nvidia is doing, I'm very excited to see how this turns out. Does this mean there's going to be like a gtx 695 dual card... Ahhhh.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

new graphics cards release EVERY YEAR. and now that AMD and Nvidia no longer have the same cycle (AMD's 8970 tenerife card is due in Q4 this year), basically whatever card you buy will get PWNed by a better card by at least 10% within 6 months... there's no waiting game with video card buying. if you don't need it, don't buy it. if your favorite game is stuttering or you just got cash to burn, just go buy the best you can afford and never look back. otherwise, you'll be depressed all the time :lol:

nvidia cannot even get out the 6XX Series. we still don't have a 660 and the 680 is still a joke. so they have one card. dont expect much

all those "gk110" will be.out soon and will dominate rumors have been put to rest. nvidia could not make it work, to the point they had to release a card with no gpgpu compute. it will be out in several months as a horribly over priced professional card according to their roadmap. with no plans for a consumer card.

by the time nvidia gets their junk together and gets more than one 6xx card out AMD will be on the 8xxxs

yea well, i believe the 660 is gonna be out in another month.... but its mid range... people want those masive 4-8gb vram cards with 3-4000 cuda core and does 6 monitors and its just a monstorous beast... BUT. Why not?

Because then no one would buy 2-3-4 680's and run them in sli.. because they could just buy 1 card that does it all... which would cut profits for nvidia but none the less... there will be a card that can do it... its just gonna be a rog card.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Misunderstood me mate.