AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional OnBoard Sound

Jana_TB

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Greetings.

I have found a few threads about my problem on these forums and elsewhere, but either there was no significant answer, or the poster was arrogant, thus no real answer was given. I kindly ask if you can help me, first read through the post. I much appreciate your help.

Simply put: I recently purchased the AsRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional motherboard. The OnBoard sound card is very weak, and outputs nearly zero bass without seriously adjusting the equalizer. Loud sound signal (like drops or loud parts in a music) seems to be dampened also. According to the manufacturer's website, it is a 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec) card.

Before you reply, please note:
1.) This is a High-End motherboard, thus there is no reason for me to think it is simply a cheap audio chip. Really, this is a beast MB.
2.) I have updated/tried other Realtek drivers.
3.) I have a High-End 5.1 Audio System with fairly powerful speakers.
4.) My previous, Mid-End motherboard I purchased 5 years ago output amazing audio on the same Audio System.
5.) A dedicated sound card outputs great audio, but I would like to use the OnBoard sound.

It is indisputable that the source of the problem is Sound Card, or Motherboard related. Slightly possibly driver. If you have any clues or answers, please don't hesitate to reply. Again, I greatly appreciate all and any help.

Jana_TB

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Installing THX TruStudio (came with the motherboard installation disk) fixed the weak bass problem, the sound is amazing when set to 50%. Above that, the dampening still occurs with loud audio signal. Could it be a power issue?