Molten Core

Who's been in? What were your experiences? We're going in on Friday as a
group of 10 Members from 4 guilds to have a look around. As I've never been
in before I'm really looking forward to it :)

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

    u will wipe.. sorry to say that.
    i was there really often (got 5/8 Epic set items and 1 none set item
    /cheer).
    but always with my guild. u need discipline and a leader (only 1 if
    possible) that know the place. w/o that u will die often.

    i forgot some things:
    1st: mage and druid can decurse (simon posts a "?")
    2nd: when u fight the core hounds, let the MT stand at the opposite
    side of the hound than the whole raid (like Raid - Hound - MT) so u
    avoid AOEs
    3rd: Hunters role: Mark (to let every DPS class know who to attack) and
    pull with sprinting cat (later on at lava packs... its a real nice
    tactic)
    according to the others:
    -we dont use and did never use voice com. u can make without if u keep
    /raid channel clear and stop yelling / emotes.. (discipline ftw)
    -as im horde and we have no palas: priests dispell. but not all.. set 3
    or 4 dispeller rest heals.

    "moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote in message
    > Who's been in? What were your experiences? We're going in on Friday as a
    > group of 10 Members from 4 guilds to have a look around. As I've never
    > been in before I'm really looking forward to it :)

    First time in you need 40. First pull is 2 giants that will kill you fast.
    If you get more people first hint is keep the 2 giants separated.

    > u will wipe.. sorry to say that.
    > i was there really often (got 5/8 Epic set items and 1 none set item
    > /cheer).
    > but always with my guild. u need discipline and a leader (only 1 if
    > possible) that know the place. w/o that u will die often.

    thanks for the encouraging words!

    --

    maxnews01@web.de <maxnews01@web.de> wrote:
    > 7th: make clear rules before u start fighting. a few suggestions:
    > a) MTs take initial aggro, all other DPS classes start attacking after
    > 4 seconds (on trash mobs).
    > b) priests and Druid only heal and decurse / dispell no damage spells
    > c) Shaman (or Pala) are alrounder. heal if necessary, put totems (fire
    > ress totem) (as im horde i dont know of pala abilities...)

    d) STOP FIGHTING if the main tank looses aggro so he can get it back
    e) if the boss is on you (and you are not a main tank), run TOWARDS
    the main tank, not away from the group.
    f) talk BEFORE a fight who casts which debuffs and which hunters use
    which shots (8 debuff limit!)
    e) pick a good spot to die if you know you're going to. Especially if
    you're the one with the soulstone

    And remember: in MC it's not about who deals the most damage. Too much
    damage pulls aggro and kills you. Better do less damage but stay alive
    long enough to do it the whole fight.

    --
    Erick

    "moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote:
    > Who's been in? What were your experiences? We're going in on Friday as a
    > group of 10 Members from 4 guilds to have a look around. As I've never
    > been in before I'm really looking forward to it :)

    I'm fresh to the MC scene so I might add some few words.

    First of all, make it clear to everyone involved that it is going to take a
    long time. Plan in 6 hrs. Make it clear that perhaps no drop will occur and
    everyone will have huge repair costs and lost time. If that is ok, proceed.

    Force every single player participating to have CTRA installed. No CTRA, no
    participation.

    Force every single player to have teamspeak or another version of voice
    tool installed. Every single one. Those with and those without microphone.
    The idea is that the read leader(s) are speaking and everyone is able to
    listen to what is being said. There is scant time enough and if you're new
    to the zone, too much to observe that simply can't be typed and discussed
    in time.

    At least one person should have good experience in MC and should take over
    the lead. That person is to be obeyed no matter what. Discipline is very
    cruical. No looting, no mining, no running away from the group.

    Have at least 5 warriors and of those at least 2 defensive speeced. The one
    with the highest def skill should be the main tank. If he dies, your entire
    group will wipe with a high probability. His job is to gain and hold aggro,
    all the time. Give him always time to bind aggro before anyone else makes
    damage. How much that is and how it is timed is up to your leader. We used
    the /rs mechanism in CTRA which displays a text message in the middle of
    the screen of everyone, along with a signal sound (ex.: "/rs Everyone
    attack NOW!")

    Well the rest is up to the leader and your group setup on how to proceed.
    He should know and communicate it.

    My suggestion is also to have every class that is able to dispel curses,
    magic, etc. to either have decursive installed or CTRA in the new version
    1.3 which has the same functionality for the Lucifron encounter. Set
    priorities. You need to clean the curse from the casters and the damage
    magic from everyone ASAP.

    Last but not least: Have fun! And good luck!

    CU

    René

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    moif <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote:
    > and what role would a Hunter play in all this?

    Place a big fat arrow so everyone know where to attack.

    SCNR

    --
    Erick

    Been there 4 times with 38-40 players everytime. Its very hard compared to
    any other Instance I've been so far (excluding Onyxia's Lair and Blackwing
    Lair, which I'vent been yet) but playing with 39 other people is the most
    fun I'ev ever had from this game :)) Needs utmost coordination and teamwork
    IMO. Although we couldn't get past Lucifron yet, we've seen 3 Epic Set items
    drop. I can't remember the names but they were a paladin belt, a priest belt
    and a warrior belt (which I missed by 7 points in dice roll :( ) Other than
    epic drops we've seen Coals and other stones/rocks from mobs... Lava Surger
    (which I call Surgerbob Lavapants xD) is my favorite mob so far :))

    Good luck, I hope you enjoy MC as much as I do.

    --

    "Know who you are, Be what you know"
    --LordSpike

    "moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote in message
    > Who's been in? What were your experiences? We're going in on Friday as a
    > group of 10 Members from 4 guilds to have a look around. As I've never
    been
    > in before I'm really looking forward to it :)
    >
    > --
    > Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    > http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
    > http://www.the-suffering.co.uk

    > Been there 4 times with 38-40 players everytime. Its very hard
    > compared to any other Instance I've been so far (excluding Onyxia's
    > Lair and Blackwing Lair, which I'vent been yet) but playing with 39
    > other people is the most fun I'ev ever had from this game :)) Needs
    > utmost coordination and teamwork IMO. Although we couldn't get past
    > Lucifron yet, we've seen 3 Epic Set items drop. I can't remember the
    > names but they were a paladin belt, a priest belt and a warrior belt
    > (which I missed by 7 points in dice roll :( ) Other than epic drops
    > we've seen Coals and other stones/rocks from mobs... Lava Surger
    > (which I call Surgerbob Lavapants xD) is my favorite mob so far :))
    >
    > Good luck, I hope you enjoy MC as much as I do.
    >

    > "moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote in message
    >> Who's been in? What were your experiences? We're going in on Friday
    >> as a group of 10 Members from 4 guilds to have a look around. As
    >> I've never been in before I'm really looking forward to it :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    >> http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
    >> http://www.the-suffering.co.uk

    :)

    What kind of spec machine are you running incidentally? Can I expect lag?

    --
    Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
    http://www.the-suffering.co.uk

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:34:48 +0100, "moif"
    <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote:

    >Who's been in? What were your experiences? We're going in on Friday as a
    >group of 10 Members from 4 guilds to have a look around. As I've never been
    >in before I'm really looking forward to it :)

    I hope you mean 10*4 = 40 people - I think you do, but just want to
    make sure :)

    Anyway, it will be like nothing you have ever tried before in WoW, and
    as the other guy said: You _will_ wipe... You will wipe, try again,
    wipe, ..., until you get it, and then you will cheer. :)

    Trust me, the first couple of times you go in there you will come out
    with a big repair bill and no loot - that is just the way it is.
    However if you have the disciplin and determination to stick it out
    and learn how to do it you will get through. Most attempts who strand
    does not on lack of skill or equipment, but on low morale after
    several hours with multiple wipes.

    But once you get the hang of it, it becomes surprisingly easy.

    Oh, and get a stopwatch and read up on respawn times in there - most
    mobs repop after 2 hours, but the Ancient Core Hounds come back after
    20 minutes (I think). And Imp groups and Core Hound packs also have
    their own respawn timers (5 minutes for Imps?).

    --
    Regards
    Simon Nejmann

    On 16 Aug 2005 12:13:04 GMT, Rene <invalid@email.addr> wrote:

    >Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:

    >> http://www.ctmod.net/ - completely agreed.
    >> Oh and all priests, druids, mages and shamans/paladins need to get
    >> Decursive too <http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=643>.
    >
    >CTRA v 1.3 has that included. (And the annoying hunter FD bug fixed, so get
    >it!)

    Really? Woot, of to get it I go! :)

    >> Yep, and use Raidassist to set up the MT target display (allows you to
    >> see who the MTs target), and targets-target if you want.
    >> Btw, fire resist is good but not needed before you get to Ragnaros.
    >
    >We had 5, for the corehound packs. Of course only one really was the MT,
    >and one standby.

    Yes, you kinda need 5 tanks for core hound packs, Garr, Sulfuron, and
    Majordomo. You should also get 3 warlocks for Garr, and at least 4
    mages for Majordomo - but those two might be a bit further in the
    future :)

    >> He also casts a curse (mages and ? can remove) which doubles the mana
    >> cost on all spells.
    >
    >AND weapon effects. Rogues even can't perform some of their most energy
    >"expensive" stuff if they have the curse on since it would cost double.

    Really? Didn't know that. Must make it pretty hard for the tanks to
    keep aggro too then if all their tricks suddently costs double...
    Well, it is easy enough to remove if you got decursive or something
    like it.

    >> And if you can, have an engineer or two bring a repair bot.
    >
    >Oh yes, helped a lot, that one.

    Btw, in case somebody cares: The plans spawn by Golem Lord Argelmach
    in Blackrock Depths, and I believe you need 300 in engineering skill
    to pick them up.

    --
    Regards
    Simon Nejmann

    Stavros Christoforou wrote:
    > moif wrote:
    >> and what role would a Hunter play in all this?
    >
    > I *believe* the main role of a hunter is to use tranquilizing shot on
    > bosses so that they dont enrage and wipe the group, but I might be
    > wrong. However, don't forget that good hunters can push some significant
    > dps while still staying far enough from fears and short range AOE,
    > contrary to rogues.

    That's one fight, Magmadar.

    Hunters role is, quite simply, stand back and do damage. A lot of the
    mobs do area effect damage to people meleeing them (Molten Giant stomps,
    Lava Surger surges, Core Hound fire breath, etc.), Hunters should be far
    enough away to avoid all this and just keep up a steady stream of damage
    without requiring any healing attention.

    Cheers!
    David...

    Brian wrote:
    > The first time my guild fought luci, we had only one mage with decursive.
    > It wasn't enough. You really want to have at least two mages with it,
    > doing *nothing* but spam their hotkey the whole fight. Decurse yourself
    > first, then priests, then MT, then the rest of the raid.

    Decurse themself, then HEALER, then probably rogues / hunter / etc. no
    need to decurse the MT (and normally, when u fight at right position
    they cant decurse him!)
    For Luci:
    2 Hunter hold a shoot ready to pull away the both adds. MT stands up
    the hill all to the right (farer up then those little "rocks"). MT
    pulls with a shoot at luci. as soon as the adds r near MT, the 2 hunter
    pull the 2 adds all way down to the wall. there 2 OT tanks them while
    all DPS class assist. (after a few sec of aggro getting). the MT healer
    stand at the little rocks the farest possible way to MT. the decurser
    dispeller stand BEHIND healer. so they wont get a curse!!! and they r
    as far away as possible from healer (in decurse / dispell range).
    So while MT tanks Luci and is getting healed by the healer, all others
    kill the 2 adds. if the 2 adds r down, the DPS classes (if needed) heal
    theirself with bandage and then charge luci. the healer that were
    healing the DPS classes will still heal them and, if needed, the MT.

    Rene" <invalid@email.addr> wrote in message
    > "moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote:

    > Force every single player participating to have CTRA installed. No CTRA, no
    > participation.

    Agreed. Most tanks I've talked so say that they don't need it, however when
    fighting the packs of dogs, which all have to be taken down at the same time or
    they rez themselves, its essential to be able to see how everyone's target is
    doing.

    > Force every single player to have teamspeak or another version of voice
    > tool installed. Every single one. Those with and those without microphone.
    > The idea is that the read leader(s) are speaking and everyone is able to
    > listen to what is being said. There is scant time enough and if you're new
    > to the zone, too much to observe that simply can't be typed and discussed
    > in time.
    >
    > At least one person should have good experience in MC and should take over
    > the lead. That person is to be obeyed no matter what. Discipline is very
    > cruical. No looting, no mining, no running away from the group.

    We had a few people do that our first two runs too (We have an alliance between
    several guilds, and just started running MC. No loot yet :( ). An add or two
    in there ensures a wipe.

    > Have at least 5 warriors and of those at least 2 defensive speeced. The one
    > with the highest def skill should be the main tank. If he dies, your entire
    > group will wipe with a high probability. His job is to gain and hold aggro,
    > all the time. Give him always time to bind aggro before anyone else makes
    > damage. How much that is and how it is timed is up to your leader. We used
    > the /rs mechanism in CTRA which displays a text message in the middle of
    > the screen of everyone, along with a signal sound (ex.: "/rs Everyone
    > attack NOW!")

    We used Sunder Armor as our mark to start attacking.

    > Well the rest is up to the leader and your group setup on how to proceed.
    > He should know and communicate it.
    >
    > My suggestion is also to have every class that is able to dispel curses,
    > magic, etc. to either have decursive installed or CTRA in the new version
    > 1.3 which has the same functionality for the Lucifron encounter. Set
    > priorities. You need to clean the curse from the casters and the damage
    > magic from everyone ASAP.

    I'm a mage, and already had decursive installed. But our first run, I was the
    ONLY person with decursive. We ended up having all the other priests and mages
    install it while we recovered from a wipe. So far we've managed to get the
    first boss as low as 2% health.

    > Last but not least: Have fun! And good luck!
    >
    > CU
    >
    > René

    I use Pentium 4 530J 3.0 Ghz LGA775 CPU, Gigabyte GA-8I915G-MF Mainboard
    (which has onboard Graphics chip), 2x512 Mb PC3200 CL2,5 Dual DDR and
    Seagate 80 Gb 7200.7 Hard Disk. And I can play in Molten Core very smoothly
    with this setup. But the Video Settings of WOW isn't at the highest
    possible. I can't remember but Full Screen Glow is disabled and View
    Distance is just above the lowest setting. The rest I can't remember really.
    I was going to get myself a PCIEx graphics card but since WOW plays so nice
    (even in MC :)) and I don't play anything else except WOW I decided not to
    :)))

    Good luck

    --

    Brian wrote:
    > There's some good benefit to decursing the MT. His curse affects rage cost
    > of abilities from what I hear, and can conceivably limit the tank's ability
    > to hold aggro.

    Sure, but like this, the priests r in range of AOE curse and must be
    decursed.

    > Also, have plenty of paladins/priests ready to dispel the people fighting
    > the adds, they have a mind control spell that can wreck havoc if someone
    > like a rogue starts trying to gank your clothies.

    I forgot this. good advise ;-)

    > The best pulling strat I've seen, at least on paper, is to have the initial
    > pull done by a paladin with a bubble. They're invincible, so they require
    > zero healing, and the bubble reduces their aggro to zero so that the adds
    > pull easily when the hunters tag them. MT gets into a good position,
    > Paladin goes Divine, aggros Luci by proximity, and then runs to the MT.
    > Hunters peel the adds from the paladin, and the MT picks Luci up when the
    > Paladin gets close enough.

    As a horde we dont have pala... but, whats better on this tactic then
    on ours? with our tactic the MT gets aggro from Luci (cause he shoot
    him). so the right person has aggro from beginning. Before the adds
    (and luci) are at tanks position the hunters tag them. so the MT hold
    luci aggro and the both hunter now have the adds aggro. Hunter run to
    "zerg" position. there the 2 OT attack the adds. because of only 1
    shoot / add from hunter the hunter loose aggro suddenly and all is
    fine!

    Rene wrote:
    > Also there is the ready check which is very useful and other goodies (/rs).

    its /raready - readycheck
    /rs "post text here" - write a big whit "post text here" in the middle
    of everyones (with CTRA) screen.
    /rakeyword "key" - u get an autoinvite if u /w "key" to the one that
    set up the /rakeyword

    these are the main functions for leader.
    other hints r: In options, set "show MTs targets target". like this u c
    which raid member has aggro of the Tanks mob. So, if u get aggro urself
    u can see it and run to tank

Warcraft Core Games Video Games