Solved

[iBuyPower] First Gaming Desktop

Hi, I am looking to buy a gaming desktop for the first time. I did a lot of research and I managed to create a computer on the Cyberpower website.

I want to max out all current games on a 1920x1080 res monitor. Is there anything I need to change? Also, is there anything I can do to make it cheaper but still max out all current + some future games?

I might be overclocking in the future.

I do not want to go above $1,400.00

Thanks. :)

------------------------------------------------

Case::NZXT Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Processor::Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K

Processor Cooling::Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan

Memory::8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

Video Card::AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 3GB - Single Card

Motherboard::Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H -- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0

Power Supply::600 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series CX600 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

Primary Hard Drive::2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Data Hard Drive::None

Optical Drive::24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black (x2)

Network Card:: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Warranty::3 Year Standard Warranty Service

Price After Shipping and Tax: $1,382.00 USD
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ibuypower gaming desktop
  1. Best answer
    If you want to save some money, you can ditch the cpu cooler and get one once you start overclocking. I wouldn't recommend liquid cooling. Just a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo will do. You can achieve 4.5 ghz with it, and it's far cheaper.

You can also downgrade your PSU to 600W.

I would recommend getting an SSD if you want to decrease load times. 128gb will be splendid.
  2. It says that I need atleast 800W on the website. Also if the site is wrong will 600W leave room for overclocking?

I don't really mind loading times and I don't think it is really an option since I need to get it down as cheap as possible. I am mainly just interested in performance in-game.
  3. Eman7002 said:
    It says that I need atleast 800W on the website. Also if the site is wrong will 600W leave room for overclocking?

I don't really mind loading times and I don't think it is really an option since I need to get it down as cheap as possible. I am mainly just interested in performance in-game.

600w is more than enough for a single 7970 even with overclocking. Although I would go with something other than "standard" psu... either a corsair or a seasonic are probably the best for reliability...

You don't need liquid cooling to overclock... air overclock will be fine for a first time overclocker...
  4. Hmm, I looked on the Cyberpower website and it has many more options, I think I will configure it there.
  5. cyberpowerpc is even worse at overcharging....
  6. You are wrong my friend. I chose a 600W PSU and I got the OK :D

Also I am actually saving $100 dollars because of the back to school sale, and I am getting bluetooth and a headset for free!
  7. I updated the specs. Am I good?
  8. Chairman Ray said:
    If you want to save some money, you can ditch the cpu cooler and get one once you start overclocking. I wouldn't recommend liquid cooling. Just a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo will do. You can achieve 4.5 ghz with it, and it's far cheaper.

You can also downgrade your PSU to 600W.

I would recommend getting an SSD if you want to decrease load times. 128gb will be splendid.

i would actually go up to at most 1000w
  9. Best answer selected by Eman7002.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Gaming Systems