Gadget Maniac

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
A few weeks ago my power supply blew up in a bang and spark, eventually I replaced my psu to get my computer working.
After buying a corsair 600w I placed it in my system and the fan lights would light up for less than a second ( and psu fan light. ) and then it goes of the CPU fan starts turning but only 1/8 of a turn , motherboard light says CPU start up in phase 1 then turns off. How do I fix it and if I have to replace a part how do I tell which component is damaged as I am short on cash and do not want to dish out. Do not has new enough motherboard to test components on and do not want to buy unless necessary
Thank

Gadget Maniac

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Is there anyway of telling that it is damaged , since the light comes on beside the CPU on the motherboard , and the psu is bottom mounted so don't think it was the CPU as there is a covered graphics card in the middle

The power would have surged through the traces on the motherboard, the fact the gfx card is phtsically between the Psu and Cpu socket means nothing,,
+1 to checking parts with a known working system, its the only way to rule out components,
Moto