Permanent Reset state as reported by PCI Diagnose card

dfsramos

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Hello.

I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 with a AMD FX-6100, a VTX3d 7850, 8GB DDR3 Patriot Ram and a Crucial V4 SSD. All powered by a BeQuiet 630W.

After switching to a new case the computer decided to never boot again. Everything gets powered up, but there no Beeps, no Post, nothing. I brought it to work where the Hardware personnel used a PCI Diagnostics card and it reports the Board as being in a permanent "RESET" signal, as if the Reset switch is permanently pressed. The front panel was, obviously, disconnected while testing so it isn't related.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this? I'm totally lost here!

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

CDdude55

Distinguished
Did you try booting the system outside the case?, as if it only occurs when installed in the case then it's most likely that the case is shorting the system out somewhere.

dfsramos

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

Tried!

No change.

dfsramos

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I've already removed the Board from the tray and the problem still presists.

Anyway, yes.. I did use risers on it!

Any other ideas? Is there any way to possibly solve this? Could it have been cause by static?

Foo392

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hmm, sounds like there may be a short with your reset circuit, that's just a wild stab though. I don't like the sound of not getting a beep. (no pun intended). Check your motherboard for black or dark spots, (signs of something being fried).

dfsramos

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

It is in a permanent reset state!

dfsramos

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

Well.. That'll be quite difficult, since the board is black itself. So, I think that's a no go. Either way would you think there's any possible fix for this? :S