Change user profile location

Hi there
Is it possible to change profile location of single user?

I've made unattended installation of XP, and my `C:\Documents and
Settings' went to `E:\Profiles', so I have:

E:\Profiles\Administrator
E:\Profiles\All Users
E:\Profiles\Default User
E:\Profiles\JGwozdz (that's my regular-user non-admin account)
E:\Profiles\LocalService
E:\Profiles\NetworkService

And now I would like to add new user, but with home dir not set to
E:\Profiles\testUser
but
G:\Profiles\testUser (on another drive)

Is it possible to change single user home dir?
Changing
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList->ProfilesDirectory
is not an option, as I don't want touch other profiles.

And when I change
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-BIG_ID-1008->ProfileImagePath
to G:\Profiles\testUser, it is allways set back to E:\Profiles\testUser,
when I try to log as testUser

How to deal with such a problem?

Best regards
Jakub Gwó¼d¼

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q214470/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Jakub Gwozdz" wrote:
| Hi there
| Is it possible to change profile location of single user?
|
| I've made unattended installation of XP, and my `C:\Documents and
| Settings' went to `E:\Profiles', so I have:
|
| E:\Profiles\Administrator
| E:\Profiles\All Users
| E:\Profiles\Default User
| E:\Profiles\JGwozdz (that's my regular-user non-admin account)
| E:\Profiles\LocalService
| E:\Profiles\NetworkService
|
| And now I would like to add new user, but with home dir not set to
| E:\Profiles\testUser
| but
| G:\Profiles\testUser (on another drive)
|
| Is it possible to change single user home dir?
| Changing

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList->ProfilesDirectory
| is not an option, as I don't want touch other profiles.
|
| And when I change

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-BIG_ID-1008->ProfileImagePath
| to G:\Profiles\testUser, it is allways set back to E:\Profiles\testUser,
| when I try to log as testUser
|
| How to deal with such a problem?
|
| Best regards
| Jakub Gwó¼d¼

Dave Patrick napisa³(a):
> This article may help.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q214470/

Yep, thanks.
I've tried that before and had got strange results - the problem was
that I mocked with CentralProfile entry too. Unnecesary.

Regards
Jakub Gwó¼d¼