Change user profile location

Hi there
Is it possible to change profile location of single user?

I've made unattended installation of XP, and my `C:\Documents and
Settings' went to `E:\Profiles', so I have:

E:\Profiles\Administrator
E:\Profiles\All Users
E:\Profiles\Default User
E:\Profiles\JGwozdz (that's my regular-user non-admin account)
E:\Profiles\LocalService
E:\Profiles\NetworkService

And now I would like to add new user, but with home dir not set to
E:\Profiles\testUser
but
G:\Profiles\testUser (on another drive)

Is it possible to change single user home dir?
Changing
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList->ProfilesDirectory
is not an option, as I don't want touch other profiles.

And when I change
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-BIG_ID-1008->ProfileImagePath
to G:\Profiles\testUser, it is allways set back to E:\Profiles\testUser,
when I try to log as testUser

How to deal with such a problem?

Best regards
Jakub Gwó¼d¼
2 answers Last reply
More about change user profile location

    This article may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q214470/

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Jakub Gwozdz" wrote:
    | Hi there
    | Is it possible to change profile location of single user?
    |
    | I've made unattended installation of XP, and my `C:\Documents and
    | Settings' went to `E:\Profiles', so I have:
    |
    | E:\Profiles\Administrator
    | E:\Profiles\All Users
    | E:\Profiles\Default User
    | E:\Profiles\JGwozdz (that's my regular-user non-admin account)
    | E:\Profiles\LocalService
    | E:\Profiles\NetworkService
    |
    | And now I would like to add new user, but with home dir not set to
    | E:\Profiles\testUser
    | but
    | G:\Profiles\testUser (on another drive)
    |
    | Is it possible to change single user home dir?
    | Changing

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList->ProfilesDirectory
    | is not an option, as I don't want touch other profiles.
    |
    | And when I change

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-BIG_ID-1008->ProfileImagePath
    | to G:\Profiles\testUser, it is allways set back to E:\Profiles\testUser,
    | when I try to log as testUser
    |
    | How to deal with such a problem?
    |
    | Best regards
    | Jakub Gwó¼d¼

    Dave Patrick napisa³(a):
    > This article may help.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q214470/

    Yep, thanks.
    I've tried that before and had got strange results - the problem was
    that I mocked with CentralProfile entry too. Unnecesary.

    Regards
    Jakub Gwó¼d¼