blazetro

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
guys my psu is corsair gs600
my psu fan is not spinning................after power on its spin for 3 to 4 seconds and stops.....but my pc runs smoothly.....everything is working fine....
though it has fanless operation in low loads but it's not running even playing games like AC3....
is there something to worry about or i just relax and enjoy my new machine??!!

Solution
Nope, nothing to worry about.

The fact that the spins when you first power it on shows that the motor is working. It simply isn't drawing enough of a load to necessitate the usage of the fan during operation.

If you posted the rest of your machine specs I would be able to give you a more detailed answer, but more than likely it looks like you should just enjoy your machine.
Nope, nothing to worry about.

The fact that the spins when you first power it on shows that the motor is working. It simply isn't drawing enough of a load to necessitate the usage of the fan during operation.

If you posted the rest of your machine specs I would be able to give you a more detailed answer, but more than likely it looks like you should just enjoy your machine.

Solution

c4p741n

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
I would say replace the fan but if itzdanielp is right and psu fans are able to be load dependable then nothing to worry about i didn't know psu fans had that in them lol... check your partical psu model and see that is the case to be on the safe side

If your system is drawing less than 200 Watts from the GS600 it will be operating in fanless mode:

gr35.png

blazetro

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

my other specs are
i5 3570k
ati 6670 1gb ddr5
2x4gb ddr3 corsair vengence ram........
asrock z77 extreme4

i opened my case cover saw that the fan isn't spinning during gaming (full graphics),converting videos etc....and my idle cpu temp is 28-30.......that's why i post thread.....so you are saying that nothing to worry about....right???

blazetro

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

thank you.... i was so much worried.....

Domovoi81

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

Hi I have the same model and I would like to ask if it's long term safe for the fan to spin on and off in such frequent intervals instead of be constant on.
Take for comparison a car stack in traffic most of its use and you constantly change from neutral to first gear and so on. This will damage the transmission faster by say driving in highways with 100km/h.