So I just built a custom system. The main components are:

MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU: i7 3770k
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
RAM: 8GB GSkill Ripjaws
PSU: Corsair TX750 V2
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 (OS Is Here)
Running Windows 7

So... After I shutdown my computer waits a few seconds then starts back up, as if it is restarting.
I have tried:

Clearing CMOS
Updating BIOS
Reinstalling Windows on a HDD
Breadboarding
A few others

The computer runs perfectly, it's just the shutdown.
I have figured out that if I unplug the SATA cable that is running from my SSD to my MB the problem disappears (Doesn't boot obviously).
Yes I have tried changing the cable.

Any help?

TL:DR - My computer turns on after I turn it off.

tivatar

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Slight chance it's a BIOS setting like Wake-on-LAN, resume power state after power loss, etc. Thumbing through those settings couldn't hurt, but more than likely its a driver/firmware glitch.

JaLewis93

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Anyone got a list of all essential drivers? I'm 95% sure all of them are up to date.
I'm 100% sure that BIOS, GPU and SSD drivers are up to date. I've already checked the Wake-on-LAN settings =\ And even tried turning to registry entry "PowerdownafterShutdown" to the opposite value (1).

spankmon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Unlikely possibilities:
Bit torrent client is still running (in the tray) at shutdown.
Windows is set to check for updates automatically at a scheduled time.
Defragmenting is set on an automatic schedule.
SSD is set to never turn off (although that's how it should be set in power management).

edwilson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
my new build has almost the same exact set of components and the same issue,, after replacing everything except the motherboard, AND RMA'ing the board to asus. I found a conflict with the integrated video of the 3570k and any nvidia card and any slot..

try this - let the integrated video driver load, update it to the latest version then disable it in windows! also try the same thing with the onboard LAN adapter.. one or both of this seem to conflict with most nvidia cards,,,

it sounds like a similar issue but yours is related to the integrated controllers.

Technoflicks

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Unplug the power switch after you turn it off, or check your settings and see if it makes the power switch restart the computer instead of shutdown.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-what-happens-when-you-press-the-power-button-on-your-computer