Sign in with
Your question

Wrong psu choice?

Last response: in Components
January 8, 2013 3:11:36 PM

hi i just bought a deer psu 600 watt for my brothers pc specs here http://www.msystems.gr/index.php?category=1210&product=...
after some research i found that this brand psus are the worst ones do i read right?

specs
asus m5a97 r 2.0
phenom ii x4 965
kingstone 4gig ram ddr3 1600
8800 gtx ultra
1 hdd 250

pc is half brand new, so am asking i will have problems with this psu?

More about : wrong psu choice

January 8, 2013 3:27:06 PM

Never heard of that brand and doing a Google search doesn't reveal anything either. The product description that you give states that the PSU is 80+ certified but I can't seem to find it on the 80+ official PSU list... So it would definitely be smart to be wary...
January 8, 2013 3:28:30 PM

well seems like returning it is not a possibility so best choice is to just keep a watch for it if everything is functioning right then you got nothing to worry about. psu tester might go long way.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 8, 2013 3:36:24 PM

It looks pretty bad, but then you shouldn't need much power really. If you can return it, it's probably a good idea. If you can't, it should run, but cheap PSUs are never really worth the hassle.
January 8, 2013 3:37:22 PM

tnx for the help, yes psu is made from deer for this pc stores they told me thats why u cant find info on net,from what i see is the deer 600 watt model with this are quite diffrent.
yes seems i will be in alert not to burn ourselves
a b ) Power supply
January 8, 2013 3:43:39 PM

bergos said:
tnx for the help, yes psu is made from deer

If it's made from venison then you really are screwed.

Jokes aside, you shouldn't be pulling anything like 600W (cpu+graphics probably won't pull much over 300, everything else is trivial really) and if the specs are correct you have two 12V rails of 22A for a potential total of 528W on 12V. The specs on cheap PSUs tend to be incredibly optimistic, but it's likely the thing will run.
January 8, 2013 4:16:31 PM

Rammy said:
If it's made from venison then you really are screwed.

Jokes aside, you shouldn't be pulling anything like 600W (cpu+graphics probably won't pull much over 300, everything else is trivial really) and if the specs are correct you have two 12V rails of 22A for a potential total of 528W on 12V. The specs on cheap PSUs tend to be incredibly optimistic, but it's likely the thing will run.

run or not the only thing i care about, is not take anything aside in grave while warranty is up for 2 years+
!