Wrong psu choice?

hi i just bought a deer psu 600 watt for my brothers pc specs here http://www.msystems.gr/index.php?category=1210&product=12553
after some research i found that this brand psus are the worst ones do i read right?

specs
asus m5a97 r 2.0
phenom ii x4 965
kingstone 4gig ram ddr3 1600
8800 gtx ultra
1 hdd 250

pc is half brand new, so am asking i will have problems with this psu?
6 answers Last reply
More about wrong choice
  1. Never heard of that brand and doing a Google search doesn't reveal anything either. The product description that you give states that the PSU is 80+ certified but I can't seem to find it on the 80+ official PSU list... So it would definitely be smart to be wary...
  2. well seems like returning it is not a possibility so best choice is to just keep a watch for it if everything is functioning right then you got nothing to worry about. psu tester might go long way.
  3. It looks pretty bad, but then you shouldn't need much power really. If you can return it, it's probably a good idea. If you can't, it should run, but cheap PSUs are never really worth the hassle.
  4. tnx for the help, yes psu is made from deer for this pc stores they told me thats why u cant find info on net,from what i see is the deer 600 watt model with this are quite diffrent.
    yes seems i will be in alert not to burn ourselves
  5. bergos said:
    tnx for the help, yes psu is made from deer

If it's made from venison then you really are screwed.

Jokes aside, you shouldn't be pulling anything like 600W (cpu+graphics probably won't pull much over 300, everything else is trivial really) and if the specs are correct you have two 12V rails of 22A for a potential total of 528W on 12V. The specs on cheap PSUs tend to be incredibly optimistic, but it's likely the thing will run.
  6. Rammy said:
    If it's made from venison then you really are screwed.

Jokes aside, you shouldn't be pulling anything like 600W (cpu+graphics probably won't pull much over 300, everything else is trivial really) and if the specs are correct you have two 12V rails of 22A for a potential total of 528W on 12V. The specs on cheap PSUs tend to be incredibly optimistic, but it's likely the thing will run.

run or not the only thing i care about, is not take anything aside in grave while warranty is up for 2 years+
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components