luke_74

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Hey guys, just wanted a few opinions on this build. It will be used for gaming mainly, GW2 mainly. I am a fan of BF3 so probably that if i end up buying it. Also, is 600W psu alright for this build?

Approximate Purchase Date: ~4weeks
Budget Range: ~$1400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies, web browsing
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Skycomp.com.au
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: No

CPU: i5 3570k
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M
Graphics: SAPPHIRE ATI HD7850 OC 2GB
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200 rpm 16MB
SDD: OCZ Agility 4 128GB
DVD: ASUS DRW-24B5ST 24x
Case: NZXT Phantom Mid
PSU: CORSAIR 600W CX-600v2

Simply backing up the drive before you upgrade the firmware (which you don't even need to do if you don't want to) solves that problem. The V4 is also a higher performance drive than the Samsung 830, especially for writes and random throughput.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah the OCZ drives are faster but the driver updates are far from reliable. That's what I was trying to get at.

My Vertex 4 128GB has never had a failure from updating its firmware and I've updated it many times. I know several other people with V4s and they also haven't had such problems.

g-unit1111

Titan

Really so most of the articles I've been reading have been spreading false information?

Simply point me towards them if you would, I wouldn't mind reading them, but I'm telling you my own experience and that of several others whom I know to have Vertex 4 drives. Previous OCZ drives that I've owned had some problems, but I haven't had any issues with the Vertex 4s.

TRENDING THREADS