I5 3570k Build Opinions

Hey guys, just wanted a few opinions on this build. It will be used for gaming mainly, GW2 mainly. I am a fan of BF3 so probably that if i end up buying it. Also, is 600W psu alright for this build?

Approximate Purchase Date: ~4weeks
Budget Range: ~$1400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies, web browsing
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Skycomp.com.au
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: No

CPU: i5 3570k
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M
Graphics: SAPPHIRE ATI HD7850 OC 2GB
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200 rpm 16MB
SDD: OCZ Agility 4 128GB
DVD: ASUS DRW-24B5ST 24x
Case: NZXT Phantom Mid
PSU: CORSAIR 600W CX-600v2
13 answers Last reply
More about 3570k build opinions
  1. Just a Radeon 7850 in a $1400 budget computer? You should be able to go higher than that if you want to, even with the notorious Australian prices that I've heard so much about.
  2. By higher, I meant a Radeon 7950 or at least a Radeon 7870.
  3. Get the i5 3570 non K or the i5 3550 since you arent OCing and up that GPU as blazorthon said. :D
  4. I'd veto the RAM and SSD suggestions. OCZ has OK drives but the updates can either make or break them and they've received a ton of crap for it. And then the RAM with the tall heat sinks is never a good idea.

For RAM I'd suggest this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226191
    And then for SSD I'd suggest this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147163
  5. g-unit1111 said:
    I'd veto the RAM and SSD suggestions. OCZ has OK drives but the updates can either make or break them and they've received a ton of crap for it. And then the RAM with the tall heat sinks is never a good idea.

For RAM I'd suggest this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226191
    And then for SSD I'd suggest this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147163

Simply backing up the drive before you upgrade the firmware (which you don't even need to do if you don't want to) solves that problem. The V4 is also a higher performance drive than the Samsung 830, especially for writes and random throughput.
  6. blazorthon said:
    Simply backing up the drive before you upgrade the firmware (which you don't even need to do if you don't want to) solves that problem. The V4 is also a higher performance drive than the Samsung 830, especially for writes and random throughput.

Yeah the OCZ drives are faster but the driver updates are far from reliable. That's what I was trying to get at.
  7. g-unit1111 said:
    Yeah the OCZ drives are faster but the driver updates are far from reliable. That's what I was trying to get at.

What do you mean by far from reliable?
  8. He means you have a 50/50 chance of it failing or success. Go with a more reliable brand corsair, crucial or intel
  9. garrettk4 said:
    He means you have a 50/50 chance of it failing or success. Go with a more reliable brand corsair, crucial or intel

My Vertex 4 128GB has never had a failure from updating its firmware and I've updated it many times. I know several other people with V4s and they also haven't had such problems.
  10. blazorthon said:
    My Vertex 4 128GB has never had a failure from updating its firmware and I've updated it many times. I know several other people with V4s and they also haven't had such problems.

Really so most of the articles I've been reading have been spreading false information?
  11. g-unit1111 said:
    Really so most of the articles I've been reading have been spreading false information?

Simply point me towards them if you would, I wouldn't mind reading them, but I'm telling you my own experience and that of several others whom I know to have Vertex 4 drives. Previous OCZ drives that I've owned had some problems, but I haven't had any issues with the Vertex 4s.
  12. Thanks guys for the input. Appreciate it :)
  13. g-unit1111 said:

You must have read general articles. Specifically, the Vertex 4 is far from unreliable.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Intel i5 Systems Product