Group Policies and Wallpaper

Hi everyone, I would like all users in our Win2k3 domain to have a common
wallpaper, however, I don't want to enable the Active Desktop GPO as the
icons on the desktop display with black backgrounds - awful.

Is there a way I can do this by modifying the registry? I've modified
HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper and HKCU\Control
Panel\Desktop\OriginalWallpaper but when I restart, I get a black background
and not the wallpaper I specified.

Any help is much apreciated. Thanks,
Dennis
2 answers Last reply
More about group policies wallpaper

    What I'm asking is: is it possible to set the background via Group Policy
    WITHOUT having to activate Active Desktop?

    It appears that the only method is to enable Active Desktop and specify the wallpaper there. However, you can also disable changes to the Active Desktop.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Dennis" <.> wrote in message news:%23dg4ZXGfFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > What I'm asking is: is it possible to set the background via Group Policy
    > WITHOUT having to activate Active Desktop?

Configuration Desktops Wallpaper Windows XP