Sign in with
Your question

Should I wait till November or December deals to get comp. parts?

Last response: in Systems
August 25, 2012 4:01:46 AM

Hi, I was wondering if I should wait till November or December where there will be Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas deals to buy my gaming computer parts?
I got a job over the summer and it made my dream of getting and building a gaming computer into reality. I am sure that I will have at least $1,500 (my budget including peripherals) by October or before and I am tempted to get my parts as soon as possible. Since I will be doing running start, only three classes a day, I will have time to play games :D .

So back to the question, will it be worth waiting to buy the parts till November or December? I know I will have to try buying all the parts at once, so either I buy it whenever I want or wait till the holidays.

IF I do wait for the holidays, there is that one thought of not being able to buy certain parts because of them being out of stock. Hopefully, I wouldn't have to buy my parts less than a minute at 12AM right?

So please share your opinions. Did you guys wait till the holiday deals to buy your parts?

Thanks
August 25, 2012 4:24:59 AM

Wait. You will even get some discounts since its ofc, the holidays :D 

Chances are, if you order late, yes, the parts will be out of stock. Or atleast some of them. (All the people wanting parts and all that.)

You will also have potentially more money by the time December or November comes since I know you have allowance and you could save that up then buy a killer gaming rig. :D 
August 25, 2012 4:37:41 AM

Dec. 8xxx series comes out, so the 7xxx series will go on sale.
Related resources
August 25, 2012 4:45:43 AM

Newegg usually has plenty of stock, I haven't seen things go "out of stock" there very often even when on sale.

Once you have the funds available figure out what you are going to want and then watch for deals, you might find a good combo or a part you need might have a good promo code on it, then get it. Also, newegg generally has sales throughout the entire month of november so if you are going to wait until then make sure you pay attention to the newegg daily deals and the black november sale when it comes along.

I bought my parts during the summer when i saw a good combo on my CPU and motherboard, and you don't want to wait too long if you need a system now, you could end up waiting forever since the next big thing is rarely more than 3 months around the corner.
August 25, 2012 5:37:47 AM

www.logicbuy.com

They keep track of deals for a bunch of different sites year-round.
August 25, 2012 10:31:11 PM

obsama1 said:
Dec. 8xxx series comes out, so the 7xxx series will go on sale.

What do you mean by the 7xxx series? I feel like that asking that question will make me seem a noob (but i'm really not), but I really don't know what you mean lol. You talking about GPU or something?
August 25, 2012 10:33:47 PM

hunter315 said:
Newegg usually has plenty of stock, I haven't seen things go "out of stock" there very often even when on sale.

Once you have the funds available figure out what you are going to want and then watch for deals, you might find a good combo or a part you need might have a good promo code on it, then get it. Also, newegg generally has sales throughout the entire month of november so if you are going to wait until then make sure you pay attention to the newegg daily deals and the black november sale when it comes along.

I bought my parts during the summer when i saw a good combo on my CPU and motherboard, and you don't want to wait too long if you need a system now, you could end up waiting forever since the next big thing is rarely more than 3 months around the corner.

Yeah, I'll probably be looking for promos and stuff. Thanks!
August 25, 2012 10:34:19 PM

tivatar said:
www.logicbuy.com

They keep track of deals for a bunch of different sites year-round.

Do you also recommend pricewatch.com?
August 25, 2012 11:54:52 PM

Yes, I was talking about GPU's. I hope the 7850 or maybe even 7870 goes for $150.
August 26, 2012 6:09:19 AM

obsama1 said:
Yes, I was talking about GPU's. I hope the 7850 or maybe even 7870 goes for $150.

Yeah, relooking the GPUs again, I was originally going for the 7850s but the 7870 seems pretty good. Dang, if they go as low as $150 during the holiday deals, people are gonna go nuts.
August 26, 2012 6:28:51 PM

Wow talk about value for money there.
August 26, 2012 6:35:41 PM

If Nvidia changes their mind and comes out with the 660 and make it non-OEM, then the 7850 might go for $150-$170. That would be the best deal on a GPU ever.
!