Closed

Crossfire, no difference in performance?

Hello there,

I've just noticed that my new addition to my system doesn't do anything. In BF3 I have the same framerate with a single 7950 as I have with 2x 7950.

My specs are as following:

i72700K 3,6 Ghz
2x XFX 7950 3 GB "Black Edition" @ OC
16 GB RAM DDR3
1 TB SATA

futhermore I'm running Eyefinity, however there is still NO difference with a single monitor.

I've attached a screenshot of msi AfterBurner's monitoring. It seems as if it's only using one of the GPU's when I'm in the game, and when I'm windowing out (seeing the game as a little preview) the other GPU takes over. Oddly enough they aren't running at the same time.

All help is appreciated!

Sincerely
Mokka
18 answers Last reply
More about crossfire difference performance
  1. What resolution are you gaming at?
  2. 1920x1080 on each one. That would be 5760x1080 in total :)
  3. I think there were some bugs related to running Eyefinity and Crossfire at the same time. Have they been fixed?
  4. Pimhedd. As I wrote, I also tried with a single monitor. Same story :(
  5. Go through all the options on your graphics card software. You probably have the second graphics processor disabled.
  6. have you tried with 12.7 betas and latest cap profiles?
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

edit ^^also make sure that crossfire is actually enabled. :P
  7. I'd download GPU-Z and see if it reports that you have CrossFire enabled. Are you playing your games on Full Screen (Windowed) mode by chance? I found that with my previous CrossFire setup that CrossFire only worked when the application was Full Screen.
  8. I've went through Catalyst a lot of times, and yes. Crossfire is enabled. GPU-Z also registers it as enabled.
    I'm playing the games in full screen mode.

I'm trying to download the latest betas and caps.
  9. I just tried the new beta drivers and it's the same. Only one of the card is getting used, the other one is going from 1 - 25 % all the time.

I've tried that both card did 100 %, but that might have been a coincidence. I did nothing different.
  10. New info. Reinstalled the drivers. When I'm running Eyefinity both my graphic cards are working, but when I use single monitor it's only one of the cards. Odd.

Anyone?
  11. I just ran a 3dMark11 test, and I think it's pretty good.

It seems that 3dMark11 uses buth GPU's. This is a problem with BF3, or how should I understand this?

Sincerely
    Mokka
  12. Dem drivers are not workin.
  13. It's a driver problem?

I've heard some good reports on 12.1 - should I try installing that one?

.. and is the benchmark score good?

Sincerely
    Mokka
  14. I'm assuming you have the catalyst application profiles installed? If not, install them.
  15. BigMack70 said:
    I'm assuming you have the catalyst application profiles installed? If not, install them.

12.7 beta should come with 12.7 CAP 1
  16. I've tried the BF3 profile without luck.

Could someone please tell me if the Mark3d11 score is as it should be?
    I don't assume this is a bottleneck since I have a good CPU.
    Appreciate the help guys!
  17. Bump :)
  18. Pinhedd said:
    12.7 beta should come with 12.7 CAP 1

I'm 99.9% certain that you always have to install the CAP profiles separate from the actual driver.

@OP - Did you install the 12.6 or 12.7 CAP profiles?

Also, your 3dmark11 score looks fine. And your CPU is good and shouldn't be bottlenecking anything. You're (with 99% certainty) looking at some sort of driver problem.
  19. I installed the 12.7 CAP.

I reinstalled everything once again, and now it works. I guess you were right. I was a driver problem. Guess 3rd time is the charm :)

Thanks everyone! Appreciate your help :)
  20. MokkaLokka said:
    Bump :)

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Crossfire Graphics