September $1100 Gaming Computer and Entertainment Center

xvsanx

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)
September 12, 2012

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping
$1,100 before rebates or shipping
$1,200 after rebates and after shipping
$1,500 with monitor after rebates and after shipping if there is a good deal on a good monitor otherwise will save for a new HDTV

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Gaming, preferably 1080p
School, ie programming and student programs
Movies, primarily dual monitors
Surfing the Web

Are you buying a monitor:
I may separately, would be interested in a good deal

Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
Yes, windows 7 preferably with student windows 8 upgrade

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
I've had good experience with newegg.com so them if they come with good warranties

Parts Preferences:
-would like a great Intel processor that will smoothly max out games for a long time to come
-would like a great graphics card that will smoothly max out games for a long time to come
-would like enough RAM for the dual monitors if needed, though I primarily stick to one monitor
-would like a sound card with surround sound

Overclocking:
Maybe, whatever gives the best performance but also has a good lifespan as described above

SLI or Crossfire:
Whichever gives the best performance, preferably with all the added effects such as AA

Your Monitor Resolution:
1920x1080 HDTV dual monitor, would like a nice size widescreen 1080p monitor otherwise I would rather save for a new HDTV

Additional Comments:
-would like a black case, either a more professional looking one that doesn't look like a custom built computer from ibuypower, or a cooler alienware looking one
-would like it to have a ton of power but it'd be nice if it didn't get super noisy or super hot
-would like to play guild wars 2, skyrim, grand theft auto 5, crysis 3, fallout 4 if they make it, and games coming out for years to come

Why Are You Upgrading:
My laptop is in pathetic state; it freezes often, looks horrible, and can't run any game I want to play. I would like to upgrade to a desktop so I have a reliable computer that will last for years to come and then be upgradeable, that will play games, always work when I need to do homework/study/practice, and act as a general entertainment center.

Thankyou in advance forum members for any help. I would prefer a few choices and I am open to part preferences other than the ones I described if they're worth choosing for the performance edge.