PLZ HELP!! Hard drives keep corrupting after a few days!?

cpujunky

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HERES MY BASIC SETUP (now):
Windows 98SE
Abit KG7-Raid
AMD 1.4GHZ o/c 1.5 (150x10)
512MB DDR
2, IBM Deskstars 60gxps in Raid 0.
Kenwood CD-ROM
TDK CDRW
Pioneer DVD
300 watt power supply

HERE'S IS MY PROBLEM:
I got the KG7 motherboard about a week ago, and set it up with my CPU, DDR memory and my previous Maxtor Hard drive. Everything was fine until about three days later while using my PC at a friends house, transfering some data over the network and playing some songs, etc. when out of nowhere the power flickered to my computer. After that, Windows came up with a blue screen than said "Drive C cannot be written to, data my be corrupt or lost", or something along those lines. I lost a good portion of my data and Windows wouldn't start correctly. The power did not flicker in the house, just to my computer, so I thought maybe the power supply and/or hard drive was bad. Regardless, I ended up buying 2 IBM deskstars which I have now, and redid my setup. I finally got it set up again, in Raid 0, and everything worked again for a couple days. Now this morning I go to my computer and what do you know, the same blue screen is on the screen and after rebooting I have lost a good amount of data.

WHATS THE ANSWER??:
I've had to reload everything twice now, and I'll have yet a third time to reload now. What the hell is causing this? Its not the hard drives, because both the Maxtor and IBMs screwed up, and its not the power source because it happened at 2 locations. Is it my ddr memory? Is it the fact that I'm overclocked (Even though all burnin tests and torture tests passed fine)? How about a bad motherboard? Or is it a bad power supply and/or contact to the motherboard? Perhaps the power supply is too weak to supply efficient power to all the devices? Hell I don't know, but I hope you do!

I would greatly appreciate any advice/info anyone could give me, thanks!

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Judging from this problem, it is possible that the power supply is defective/ has become defective. However, did u have this computer before and just got a new mobo?

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.

cpujunky

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, all the hardware was transferred over from my a7v133 MB, including the power supply. Never had the problem before.