PNY VCGGT4301XPB GeForce GT 430 Pro vs Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThereWillBeAWay

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Is there anything that is "wrong" with this card???
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133356&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

I mean, if one were to run this on a good set up, is there any problems with light/medium gaming? I know you get what you pay for, but if this card were to be installed on a good system, would it melt or something? It would seem odd that such a cheap card has such a high rating... Higher than a lot of top performing cards... Just curious really.

In a budget build this would leave open quite a bit of $$$ and on a good motherboard, the saved money can get a good, newer GPU when the time comes for an upgrade.

Bottom line, would this card run games when you play for a couple of hours or would it implode??? :) Thanks in advance

Solution
it could run games and not explode lol you would be fine there but its not gonna run games very well...I have a feeling that you would be disappointed with the performance. Just because the reviews are good doesn't mean it can game well

drums101

Distinguished
it could run games and not explode lol you would be fine there but its not gonna run games very well...I have a feeling that you would be disappointed with the performance. Just because the reviews are good doesn't mean it can game well

Solution

ThereWillBeAWay

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

It's actually nearly triple the price lol but I wasn't looking at something that would cost so much, that was the idea :) Thanks though!

Do you think the first reviewer who said it runs L4D2 at high is legit? It would be so sweet if that were true... That's the light/medium gaming I am talking about doing...

As for disappointment... I played WoW Cata for a year with my onboard card set to the bare minimum settings... At ~15-30 FPS TOPS... for a year... The only thing that would disappoint me would be running less than that off a separate card! If I link up the motherboard I'm thinking of, would you tell mind telling me a better option for less than $100?

My logic is, get a good CPU, good Mobo, and the rest can always be upgraded as needed... Because, really... the graphics can be low/medium, and that would be a big improvement...

I'm one of those few who look at pretty shadows, perfect hair, and realistic clouds and think... What a waste...
That data could have been better used for superior AI, larger maps, more items, better story... :sweat:

ThereWillBeAWay

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

Seems good to go, what do you think about what I said up there though? Would it be cool to go that route?

Status
Not open for further replies.