Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Great deal for a budget build!

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 25, 2012 5:25:41 AM

http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/784453-8252012823...

Will this build run? I'm not even sure but it's an amazing deal for just over 500 bucks!

I am new to computers so don't judge me! I just want to know if this all can run together!

Thanks
August 25, 2012 6:31:15 AM

The machine will work, but don't expect great gaming or editing performance from it. I would use it as a HTPC (badly optimized for it though) or a general use/office machine at most.
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 6:34:28 AM

manofchalk said:
The machine will work, but don't expect great gaming or editing performance from it. I would use it as a HTPC (badly optimized for it though) or a general use/office machine at most.


D: I'm going to be using it for class(leaving for college in 2 weeks) other than that some gaming, maybe Oblivion, Amnesia, Minecraft, and IF I get some decent frames, Skyrim.

That's not what I wanted to hear :( 
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 25, 2012 6:42:19 AM

made a similar build yesterday, changing the case/psu combo to a hive 650w/challenger combo, change the cpu to a 965 black edition(better for gaming) and gpu choice 6570 to a 7850 for a user yesterday. all the promos are nice.


feel free to use cpu+drive combo
buy windows 7 on amazon for less

also

sign up for 6 months of free shop runner to negate shipping costs

I highly advise bumping the gpu power up. with the money you have saved.(hopefully enough for like a 7750)
Share
August 25, 2012 6:42:21 AM

Should be fine then actually. Office applications are not that taxing, and the games mentioned (except Skyrim) should be able to play at high settings.

m
0
l
August 25, 2012 6:50:50 AM

manofchalk said:
Should be fine then actually. Office applications are not that taxing, and the games mentioned (except Skyrim) should be able to play at high settings.


I'm not really an avid gamer, although I need the processor for multitasking for school. Other than that is there room for future upgrades? Do you think there's any other build to get a bang for my 520 bucks?
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 6:55:09 AM

dudewitbow said:
made a similar build yesterday, changing the case/psu combo to a hive 650w/challenger combo, change the cpu to a 965 black edition(better for gaming) and gpu choice 6570 to a 7850 for a user yesterday. all the promos are nice.


feel free to use cpu+drive combo
buy windows 7 on amazon for less

also

sign up for 6 months of free shop runner to negate shipping costs

I highly advise bumping the gpu power up. with the money you have saved.(hopefully enough for like a 7750)


also can I grab the link for the Hive 650 combo?
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 6:58:33 AM

akros said:
also can I grab the link for the Hive 650 combo?



for the build in question, you wont need the hive combo(it costs more). its aimed towards users who need the extra power in order to use higher end cards past 200$. the setup right now is similar to what i sorta laid out for a different user. though the main change i would like to see at the least is changing the 6570 to at least a 6670(ddr3 or ddr5) or 7750 if possible. the 6670 ddr3 is more or less deemed the entry level gaming card, the 7750 would probably be labeled most effecient/power/no 6 pin combination gpu.
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:02:13 AM

dudewitbow said:
for the build in question, you wont need the hive combo(it costs more). its aimed towards users who need the extra power in order to use higher end cards past 200$. the setup right now is similar to what i sorta laid out for a different user


Ahhhh I see, so what graphics card should I grab now? I have about 70 bucks left
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:02:30 AM

At $520 you are going to have trouble making a system at all unless you resort to generic components. So unless you can find another deal like that or a pre-built, I think thats as good as you are going to get.
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:03:59 AM

akros said:
Ahhhh I see, so what graphics card should I grab now? I have about 70 bucks left



re-edited last post for the generic gpu recommendations that are sub 110$. the 7750 is fine as long as you arent really picky on settings for most users that have the build on budget.
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:09:55 AM

the build itself is essentially a budget build yes. there shouldnt be any part compatability problems.
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:13:52 AM

dudewitbow said:
the build itself is essentially a budget build yes. there shouldnt be any part compatability problems.


When I think it's time to upgrade(maybe 3 or 4 months from now) what should I start to upgrade? First to last?
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:16:34 AM

akros said:
When I think it's time to upgrade(maybe 3 or 4 months from now) what should I start to upgrade? First to last?



depends on what you want out of the build:

A programmer/designer would want more processing power, and would probably upgrade Cpu(AM3+ is getting piledriver cpus in octoberish)

A gamer would upgrade gpu, as well as a cpu heat sink fan so they can overclock(assumes you have a decent monitor to pair up with gpu)

a person with a lot of files would want extra storage
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:21:11 AM

dudewitbow said:
depends on what you want out of the build:

A programmer/designer would want more processing power, and would probably upgrade Cpu(AM3+ is getting piledriver cpus in octoberish)

A gamer would upgrade gpu, as well as a cpu heat sink fan so they can overclock

a person with a lot of files would want extra storage


Hmmm, If i have enough loot I will upgrade the GPU and get an aftermarket heatsink fan, and I was looking into that I might just save up whatever I have now and make a PC w/ a piledriver, I have a couple of days to decide, but if so I'm stuck with my crappy 2008 laptop:p 
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 7:26:30 AM

Best answer selected by Akros.
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 8:03:13 AM

the 965 BE just went on 20$ off sale(it doesnt stack with combo, you you will have to drop it) EMCYTZT2108
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 8:20:03 AM

dudewitbow said:
the 965 BE just went on 20$ off sale(it doesnt stack with combo, you you will have to drop it) EMCYTZT2108


I don't see it
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 8:23:58 AM

dudewitbow said:
the deal isnt on the page, its a newsletter deal only seen by users who subscribe to the newsletters. i posted the promo code.


Ahhhh thanks friend, you saved me some cash
m
0
l
August 25, 2012 8:24:36 AM

akros said:
I don't see it



the deal isnt on the page, its a newsletter deal only seen by users who subscribe to the newsletters. i posted the promo code.
m
0
l
!