GTX 560 TI Sounds like a Jet Engine

shapmb

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I just got my new computer all together and ran BF3 last night. The GTX 560 TI is quiet when not being pushed, but in game is sounds like a jet engine and seems to put out a ton of heat. I mean I went from cold to sweating after playing for a bit.

Is this normal of the this card?

What other card is out there comparable to this (or better) for around the same price?

I'm looking to run BF3 on ultra without any studdering as a idea of performance I'm looking for.

Other comp specs:

FX - 8120 OC to 4.2
12GB DDR3
SSD + HDD

Thanks

lycros

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
Are you positive it's the GPU fan? You can test by increasing the fan speed with a program like msi afterburner or evga precision while everything is idle.

What price range are you talking about? Check out the GTX 480 and if you're uninterested in that, maybe an HD 7850.

shapmb

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I'm sure its the GPU fan. Running bench mark tests it starts screaming, but when it tests the CPU it quites down.

I looked that the 7850, but this seems to out perform it on most stats I looked at. I'm looking for quiter and equal or higher performance. Price tag of 250 or so. I managed to get this for $175, so I know its going to be a tough one to beat for the price. The sound and heat it puts off make me not like it though.

The 7850 is a stronger card than the 560 Ti; it's also more expensive, but with its lower TDP it will generate less heat and require less cooling. A good cooling solution would exploit that to make it quieter than the 560 Ti.

As for the GTX 480, you should definitely steer clear of that. It makes more noise than the 560 Ti.

shapmb

Honorable
May 8, 2012

Sorry got that confused with the 6950 some how. I'll look into this as an option. Definetely looking for less heat and noise. Living in arizona, every bit of heat that is generated hurts.