Sign in with
Your question

Messed up Screen Resolution

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 5:54:38 PM

Today I turned on my computer and everything was very big, I thought it was in low graphics/safe mode but I still had the Aero affects. I think my native monitor resolution was 1024x768, but setting it to this is what makes everything appear big like it was when I turned on my PC. Setting the resolution to 1280x960 makes things appear close to what it was before, but of course any game i play is in a weird resolution and I can't make it look normal. I tried doing a windows restore, and updating my graphics drivers but still everything is messed up. Why would it just randomly do this, and what else could I do to fix it? I am very stressed out when my computer isn't working right and I can't find out how to fix it. :( 
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 6:11:33 PM

what monitor are you using?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 9:56:31 PM

daswilhelm said:
what monitor are you using?

Yea i suppose that would probably help, here is a link to my monitor: http://www.hannsg.com/PH/EN/Products/19%20Wide/Common.a... I notice the resolution listed is 1440 x 900, however this is not a listed resolution under the control panel (windows 7, 32bit)
I restarted my computer and noticed that the screen it shows before it boots was flickering a little bit, maybe like 2 or 3 times, my gpu is slow and I am in the process of coming up with money for a new one, would this maybe be an indication that this was all caused by the gpu itself?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 10:29:03 PM

Sounds more like a driver issue.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 11:08:21 PM

daswilhelm said:
Sounds more like a driver issue.

Thats what I thought at first, but why would they just all of a sudden start acting up? Like I said I did update them too. I got it working pretty well now, I still run my games at 1024x(IDK), and run my desktop at 1280x960. Only problem is that now it takes longer to tab out because it has to switch resolutions. Since i run 32bit OS i don't have much spare ram to run stuff when I play games anyway. Much more relaxed now that my computer is at least playable again, still would like to have this fixed though :??: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2012 5:46:48 AM

with LCD monitors you always want to be in the native resolution, in your case that would be 1440x900. Are you saying you do not have a choice for that resolution (in windows or game?)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 12:29:10 AM

daswilhelm said:
with LCD monitors you always want to be in the native resolution, in your case that would be 1440x900. Are you saying you do not have a choice for that resolution (in windows or game?)

for either i can't find it anywhere
m
l
!