GTX 680 in sli problem

hello all

i got this problem with running GTX 680's in sli with 3 monitors i get about 1-5 fps i can't even get in to a game. when on the desktop its fine and loading up web sites with no problems but as soon as i load a game i get like 1-5 fps with 3 monitors running.

but if i take one of the cards out and run 1 card with 3 monitors it all runs fine on every game i get about 55-80 fps

but putting the 2nd card in and run in sli with 3 monitors i get about 1-5 fps can't even load up any game

has any one had this problem or know of the problem and have a fix for this please help

also the sli runs fine with 1 monitor just got the promlem with 3

pc specs:

PSU RADIMax RX 1000watt AE 80+ gold
motherboard ASUA M5A99X EVo
CPU: AMD FX8120
Ram: 8gb
ssd 120gb

Thanks
22 answers Last reply
More about problem
  1. you have to configure the sli for 3 monitors(i dont know how look it up... sorry)
  2. 55-80fps with one card? if that's true you clearly bought one too many GTX 680's.
  3. haha thats true but... a possible answer to your problem is too configure your system so it knows that two cards are powering 3 monitors, search the web for some videos im sure there out there.
  4. i been looking everywhere on how to do it but i can't find any think to say why its lags running 3 monitors in sli witch is why i posted here to try and find out ill have a look again now cheers guys
  5. cheers... don't forget to try and look up how to sli some of them has to have how to program it! hope all of this helps man :)
  6. that psu

omg run
  7. hey maybe your mobo supports crossfire and not sli...
  8. akamrcrack said:
    that psu

omg run

lol whats up with it
  9. panwala95 said:
    hey maybe your mobo supports crossfire and not sli...

this mobo will do both mate
  10. There is a problem with the 990 boards and 6xx sli surround. I have 2 670's and they do the same when I try to run surround. I've read that amd and nvidia know about this issue and are working to fix it. Who knows when that's gonna happen so I am saving up for 3930k and doing away with my amd. Until then I am running one card while the other sits in a box. :(
  11. slapstick01 said:
    There is a problem with the 990 boards and 6xx sli surround. I have 2 670's and they do the same when I try to run surround. I've read that amd and nvidia know about this issue and are working to fix it. Who knows when that's gonna happen so I am saving up for 3930k and doing away with my amd. Until then I am running one card while the other sits in a box. :(

hello mate thanks for the info i'm just running one card at the mo the thing that gets me is ppl as running it ok as i seen some vids on youtuberunn 680 SLI its a pain
  12. All of the 6xx sli surrounds that I've seen on youtube have been running on Intel platforms. I haven't been able to find one running on amd 990 platform yet.
  13. It's because of the board + surround. The 990fx boards have been reported to have this issue with the 600 series when sli is enabled and there is also a surround available. There's a huge topic in the nvidia forums about it (although the forum has been under maitenance for quite a few days) and basically nvidia admins say that it is not fixable with a driver update. They are currently working with AMD to solve the issue, which should be corrected with a bios update. To be honest there has been around 2 months and there's no fix yet, I'm afraid (yeah I got a 990fx too) that maybe there isn't a solution. If I were you I'd either try to sell the mobo + the processor and get a SB intel board, since you already have 3 monitors. Regards
  14. your CPU could be bottlenecking your cards... I like AMD but those are some very powerfull cards so mabey you should think about upgrading CPU's to a different version.
  15. Is not the CPU, is the whole 990fx platform. Man actually I wanted to ask you a question. How does your sli work in a single monitor?
  16. davemaster84 said:
    Is not the CPU, is the whole 990fx platform. Man actually I wanted to ask you a question. How does your sli work in a single monitor?

works perfectly mate and also works perfectly with 1 card running 3 monitors
  17. davemaster84 said:
    Is not the CPU, is the whole 990fx platform. Man actually I wanted to ask you a question. How does your sli work in a single monitor?

what do you mean the whole 990fx platform?
  18. hyper02 said:
    works perfectly mate and also works perfectly with 1 card running 3 monitors

Thanks for the info man, I hope to get my 2nd card soon now that they are a bit more cheaper (in my country) . Regards!
  19. PanicMaster85 said:
    what do you mean the whole 990fx platform?

Sorry I used the wrong word, the proper was "chipset", by that I mean that the issue is not only limited to fx processors running into 990fx boards, but it also applies to any other AMD processor running into a 990 board, which is sad because you can't just solve it getting a Thuban or a deneb . Although since the problem is limited to the surround config, users like me who expect to use the sli in 1 single monitor only will find a nice oportunity to be geared up to the future . Cheers
  20. do you know if that applies for a 970a? i have a GA-970a-ud3 and I am going to eventually sli my 670
  21. Well it's a am3+ socket so in theory it should have the same issue, although I'm not sure. Perhaps you can ask that question in nvidia forums, gtx 600 series 990fx topic issue , but they are currently under maitenance. Good luck
  22. ok ill post one and get back too you once I get an answer
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Games Monitors FPS SLI Graphics