I had some major issues last night and I was wondering if anyone else
is having this same problem. I'm on Hellscream and whenever I log in,
I get about 3 secs of playtime before the everything freezes. Not just
WoW, my whole machine. This has never happened before, (I am about 3/4
months new to the game). My computer works just fine not playing WoW,
it only happens when I run WoW. I pretty much play WoW everyday /
everynight and this hasn't happened before. I'm wondering if this is
the fix that their Tech Team is working on today. I'm just trying to
find out if there are more people like me that this is happening to so
I can feel a little bit better about my situation. Any responses is
welcomed.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

hmmm.. i dont know this... but after last patch WOW crashes my ATI
Radeon 9800 when i fly from Grom'Gol to Kargath, AND WOW crash itself
after portal / HS from MC to Orgrimmar...

Fobulous <michael.canonigo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had some major issues last night and I was wondering if anyone else
> is having this same problem. I'm on Hellscream and whenever I log in,
> I get about 3 secs of playtime before the everything freezes. Not just
> WoW, my whole machine. This has never happened before, (I am about 3/4
> months new to the game). My computer works just fine not playing WoW,
> it only happens when I run WoW. I pretty much play WoW everyday /
> everynight and this hasn't happened before. I'm wondering if this is
> the fix that their Tech Team is working on today. I'm just trying to
> find out if there are more people like me that this is happening to so
> I can feel a little bit better about my situation. Any responses is
> welcomed.

Just because it hasn't happened before does not mean there is nothing
wrong with your machine. Most likely you either have a driver issue, or
a CPU/Memory issue. One likely cause is low power [you don't have a big
enough power supply for your video card] or overheating. The latter is
qutie likely. Try opening up your computer and blowing out all the
dust.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Max <maxnews01@web.de> wrote:
> hmmm.. i dont know this... but after last patch WOW crashes my ATI
> Radeon 9800 when i fly from Grom'Gol to Kargath, AND WOW crash itself
> after portal / HS from MC to Orgrimmar...

I have no issues what-so-ever with my Radeon 9700 Pro. Running on a
Dell 8250 w/1GB 1066RDIM.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

"Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote in message
> hmmm.. i dont know this... but after last patch WOW crashes my ATI
> Radeon 9800 when i fly from Grom'Gol to Kargath, AND WOW crash itself
> after portal / HS from MC to Orgrimmar...

Get rid of the latest ATI catalyst drivers.
I had the same problem with the game crashing whenever I flew (I have a
9700Pro).
Rolling back my Graphics drivers fixed the problem.
I now use Driver Version 6.14.10.6542

lab <mathersb@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Get rid of the latest ATI catalyst drivers.
> I had the same problem with the game crashing whenever I flew (I have a
> 9700Pro).
> Rolling back my Graphics drivers fixed the problem.
> I now use Driver Version 6.14.10.6542

I assume that is the 2D driver version number. I use the same version
as you for 2D. Direct3D version is 6.14.10.0316.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> lab <mathersb@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Get rid of the latest ATI catalyst drivers.
>> I had the same problem with the game crashing whenever I flew (I have a
>> 9700Pro).
>> Rolling back my Graphics drivers fixed the problem.
>> I now use Driver Version 6.14.10.6542
>>

> I assume that is the 2D driver version number. I use the same version
> as you for 2D. Direct3D version is 6.14.10.0316.

D'oh! I'm at work now so I'll have a look tonight.