Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GTS 250 problems.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 6, 2012 7:53:54 PM

Hi, I got a Point Of View GTS250 yesterday and have been noticing a few problems.A lot of my games play fine but I get stuttering in the games.The framerates are are good but the stuttering is annoying.Even games that don't require much power stutters.I never had this stuttering with my previous 9800gt that blew.I thought it could be a driver issue.If it is, could someone recommend me a good stable driver for the GTS250.
Currently using 280.26 driver
Temps are also good and almost never goes above 60

GTS250 specs (Indicated on GPU-Z)

GPU Clock: 650MHz
Memory: 900MHz
Shader: 1560MHz

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9606/109606651260x2600...

More about : gts 250 problems

July 6, 2012 8:07:22 PM

Even though GPU-Z says the memory speed is 900MHz, Point Of View's official site says the card's memory speed is 2200MHz.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 8:22:52 PM

Hi, usually I got shuttering from vsync, try turning it off.

But then again it could be a number of problems:

1- bad psu, antivirus, windos update,

What you computer full specs ?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 6, 2012 8:46:50 PM

dextermat said:
Hi, usually I got shuttering from vsync, try turning it off.

But then again it could be a number of problems:

1- bad psu, antivirus, windos update,

What you computer full specs ?

CPU C2D E7400 2.8 no overclock
4gig DDR2 memory
750w PSU
Msi G31tm-p21
and of course the GTS250

I know this is a dated pc but it gets the job done and I'm just satisfied if it's superior to console gaming.
Score
a c 173 U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 9:10:13 PM

What model is you hard drive? A slow hard drive can make the highest end systems shutter. Try overclocking your cpu to 3ghz, your board isn't the greatest but it can push your cpu to higher clocks. The chipset has a decent cooler and the fsb clocks for this series is pretty low (got a e7200 so I know how they go). Power wise they are not hogs but some dirt cheap mosfet cooler off newegg for a few bucks will help the board.
Score
a b U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 9:20:21 PM

Did you reinstall the driver or just put the card in and go from there.
Reinstall the driver from Nvidia.
Advanced options.
Clean install.
This removes the old driver and clea installs a fresh one.
Score
July 6, 2012 9:24:09 PM

nforce4max said:
What model is you hard drive? A slow hard drive can make the highest end systems shutter. Try overclocking your cpu to 3ghz, your board isn't the greatest but it can push your cpu to higher clocks. The chipset has a decent cooler and the fsb clocks for this series is pretty low (got a e7200 so I know how they go). Power wise they are not hogs but some dirt cheap mosfet cooler off newegg for a few bucks will help the board.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB Sata 2 64mb cache
Score
July 6, 2012 9:24:22 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Did you reinstall the driver or just put the card in and go from there.
Reinstall the driver from Nvidia.
Advanced options.
Clean install.
This removes the old driver and clea installs a fresh one.

I reinstalled the driver fresh
Score
a c 173 U Graphics card
July 6, 2012 9:34:12 PM

Jazzy1 said:
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB Sata 2 64mb cache

Green edition drives are slower than typical 7200 rpm drives that most are accustomed to. Sure it has a larger cache and slightly decent random 4k performance it is not a drive for a gaming pc due to it's slower read/write performance. Worse are the latencies that make it even slower. If you have a enough money on hand you can pair it up with a low end ssd like a kingston v series drive and use it for a small boost. All it will be good for is to move the page file off the slow green edition drive and smooth out some of the lag. Plus it frees up the green edition for actual use such as booting and gaming.
Score
July 7, 2012 2:58:06 PM

nforce4max said:
Green edition drives are slower than typical 7200 rpm drives that most are accustomed to. Sure it has a larger cache and slightly decent random 4k performance it is not a drive for a gaming pc due to it's slower read/write performance. Worse are the latencies that make it even slower. If you have a enough money on hand you can pair it up with a low end ssd like a kingston v series drive and use it for a small boost. All it will be good for is to move the page file off the slow green edition drive and smooth out some of the lag. Plus it frees up the green edition for actual use such as booting and gaming.

I understand what you are saying and I know that there are much better harddrives and SSD's out there.The thing is that there was no stuttering with my previous 9800gt that's why I didn't think it was a HDD problem.
Score
July 20, 2012 12:42:10 PM

Best answer selected by Jazzy1.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 1:38:57 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!