cruizrisner

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Purchase date: unknown when ill get the entire amount of money

Budget: $400 - $460

Games: MW2, Black Ops, Civilization 5, Amnesia, Necrovision, World of Tanks, Combat Arms, Arctic Combat, DayZ(arma2). (possibly rendering 1080p videos of me playing them etc)

my computers specs(still building):
Core i5 3570k probably be overclocked and aftermarket cooler
ASRock Z77 1155 Extreme 4
8GB Ripjaw ram
OCZ ModxStream Pro 700W PSU

preferred website: newegg.com

Overclocking: yes most likely (if necessary) SLI: not necessary i wont be getting 2

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

Got a few to choose from here:

Galaxy 67NPH6DV6KXZ GeForce GTX 670 GC 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready

MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready

Galaxy 67NPH6DV5ZVX GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready

if u have another one to suggest then do so. i dont know if the NZXT phantom case im getting will have any GPU support brackets so probably nothing TOO heavy for the mobo. also, id prefer a card that can run all the games on ultra without getting to hot and keeping at least 30+ FPS. ive youtube searched GTX 670 and pretty much all of them are able to run games in Ultra settings, even on BF3, Crysis, and Skyrim all with ease.

cruizrisner

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
ok so for a good performance view u would recommend the msi as well?.

ps i could care less about noise factor, i could run something as loud as a refrigerator and i wouldnt care lol as long as i get good cooling and performance

yes, the MSI version have the best cooler. noise aside, MSI actually put heat spreaders on the VRMs, which the galaxy one doesn't, thus limiting your overclocking headroom. the twinfrozr IV cooler also spins it's fans in reverse everytime you boot up to shake off some dust on the fan blades, so you can spend less time opening up your PC and cleaning off your fans and more time gaming at maximum frames.

cruizrisner

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
alright thanks. ill get the MSI, i read more reviews on it and appearently the listed boost clock of 1079 is wrong, its actually 1098! which is great news to me. plus alot of ppl said it stays nice and cool so thats good

im getting dust filters for all my fans on the NZXT case from demcifilters so i hope i dont get much dust in there at all